Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > POWER TRAIN GARAGE FORUMS > Powerstroke Engine Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 05:04 AM   #1

New 2015 Power stroke Stalls during acceleration

My new 2015 f250 6.7L Stalls during light acceleration from stopped position or slow speeds. Getting ready to drop off for service. Any one experience this.
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #2

Just read in another forum that there is a brake over accelerator cut off if you have any pressure on the brakes during acceleration the accelerator will
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #3

Yes this can happen if you are double footing the pedals. Both my 2011 and 2013 both do it if you have one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator at a stop. You are confusing the computer, it is thinking it is in hill incline hold mode and reduces the electronic throttle to a fast idle to hold the truck from rolling backwards while you are normally switching pedals with one foot. It is a habit I can't seem to break myself of since the International /Allison combo I have has to be driven like that.
Snappy2265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinityfan View Post
Just read in another forum that there is a brake over accelerator cut off if you have any pressure on the brakes during acceleration the accelerator will
A brake over accelerator cut off ( if it exists ) would leave the engine at idle, not stall it out.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy2265 View Post
Yes this can happen if you are double footing the pedals. Both my 2011 and 2013 both do it if you have one foot on the brake and one on the accelerator at a stop. You are confusing the computer, it is thinking it is in hill incline hold mode and reduces the electronic throttle to a fast idle to hold the truck from rolling backwards while you are normally switching pedals with one foot. It is a habit I can't seem to break myself of since the International /Allison combo I have has to be driven like that.
Your engine stalls ?
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:42 AM   #6

No, speaking of the Int. It will roll because of the weight, need to hold the brake until you bring up the rpm to get it moving, thus my two foot habit which gets me the stall when driving my Ford.
Snappy2265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #7

Actually it is a safety system so there isn't unintended acceleration.
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power