Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #1

Beware of scammer selling Haulmark Truck Conversion

On another rv forum a guy posted about a Truck Conversion for sale that he found on Craigslist. Here's the ad: 2011 Haulmark Toterhome Beautiful Walnut Cabinetry,Custom built

The guy was very interested in it and asking others about their thoughts. I (and everybody else) said there is no way it's legit. At the asking price it was clearly a scam. The guy had talked to the seller on the phone and gotten lots of info about the rig. The seller said his sales lot is in Virginia and that's where the truck is. I just happened to be about 25 miles away from the claimed address of the truck. I went there and surprise, no truck conversion. The address is for a small auto repair shop. The owner of the shop said somebody is using his address in bogus craigslist ads. He said he's heard several people have sent this scammer money and then found out it's all a fake. I chatted with the shop owner for a bit and it's pretty clear he has nothing to do with this scam. I reported the ad to craigslist as fake but two weeks later the ad is still there?! Oh well.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pass on this info in hopes it might help somebody else not get scammed. The old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it must be," holds true again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Anyhow, I just wanted to pass on this info in hopes it might help somebody else not get scammed. The old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it must be," holds true again.

X 5,000,000 , There are plenty of people out there, who will do anything to get your money.
Thanks for the details.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Found a John Deere tractor Craig's List scam last week. Looked like a local sale at a great price until the woman emailed me back and said it was in a different state, crated for shipping already, and she would only charge me $300 for shipping. Unfortunately she works on a military base so she can't make or receive phone calls but if I wired her the money she would ship it right away...
Old Radios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Found a John Deere tractor Craig's List scam last week. Looked like a local sale at a great price until the woman emailed me back and said it was in a different state, crated for shipping already, and she would only charge me $300 for shipping. Unfortunately she works on a military base so she can't make or receive phone calls but if I wired her the money she would ship it right away...
You should be able to pay her when the Nigerian prince sends you your prize money.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Thanks Bob....
Old 07-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderman View Post
You should be able to pay her when the Nigerian prince sends you your prize money.
Between that response and your footer, I'd love to sit down and have a beer with you one day.

Jay