RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:47 PM   #15

JCAT...
Any recommendations on where to stay while they are working on the coach?

Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
JCAT...
Any recommendations on where to stay while they are working on the coach?

Doug - we rented a Farmhouse out in the country because our coach is at the Renegade Plant from Monday to Friday COB. We are having other things done while here; hence the week long stay.

We stayed the arrival night before "check-in" on the coach at Eby's and was pleasantly surprised by the CG. They located us on Site #165 and that entire row was nice, occupied by MHs. And it is about a 10-12 minute easy drive to Renegade.

We did this because we have a Standard Poodle, a packed refrigerator and freezer; and Carrie told me she could not promise to keep the coach powered-up. So, we went searching for a large refrigerator we could rent for a week - it happened to come with a house. And the price was actually the same as an area hotel room but with other advantages.

I just asked our SE Regional Sales Manager where best to stay in a hotel and his response: Hilton garden on route 19, right off turnpike exit 92. The Marriott Fairfield next door isnít too bad either.

Disappointing to learn that all of what you have already had done did not fix the problem.

John

Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #17

Thanks John...
We will be faced with the same problem of a full fridge and out two shelties. Maybe you could PM me the info on the house you rented? We will be there for at least 4 days also.
Thanks again.

doug
Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 PM   #18

It only took four cycles for the awning to fail again after the latest adjustment by a Carefree dealer. This time both front and back lower pins are being over ridden.

What about a NTSHA recall?
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:45 AM   #19

I don't think defective rv awnings would fall under the jurisdiction of the NHTSA. Your best bet would be to research which consumer protection agency is responsible in the state of purchase. Then file a complaint with that agency.

Just do a Google search for "consumer protection agency defective merchandise" in the state you made your purchase. You may have more rights than you realize.
tdeperte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeperte View Post
I don't think defective rv awnings would fall under the jurisdiction of the NHTSA. Your best bet would be to research which consumer protection agency is responsible in the state of purchase. Then file a complaint with that agency.
I agree. My thinking, however, is that an unsecured awning could come out while driving down the road and decapitate four nuns waiting at a bus stop...or something close to that. Seems dangerous.

Take a look at this: https://www.taosinjurylawyers.com/bl...us-rv-awnings/

I will check the other consumer protection options. IMHO there is no way we could get together on a class action lawsuit.

BTW, do you have one of the "working awnings?"
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #21

Ron,
Do you know if your awning was installed with the 6 degree brackets made by CFOC specifically for Renegade installations of the Apex awning?
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
Ron,
Do you know if your awning was installed with the 6 degree brackets made by CFOC specifically for Renegade installations of the Apex awning?

Not sure Doug. It was an August, 2018 build. I have a call into Woody so I will ask.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #23

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is a safety issue!
I was called by an attorney and asked to give info related to a wrongful death suit when an awning unfurled into oncoming traffic and killed a MH driver. The awning was mounted on the drivers side of a trailer so there was no latching mechanism on the forward end (actually the rear since it was mounted on the opposite side from it's designed location).
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #24

I am following this thread closely to see if you guys have success with the new bracket. So far (knock on wood) our awning continues to work fine.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #25

My non LE awning is working after I spent 3 hours adjusting it.
tdeperte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:34 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeperte View Post
My non LE awning is working after I spent 3 hours adjusting it.
My non LE awning has not worked since 2018 when the carefree tech tried adjusting it and proclaimed that it was unrepairable. Est to replace was approx $3k.

netjam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning