RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #1

Entertainment System for older Renegade

I have a new to me 2006 Renegade Classic and would like to upgrade the electronics.

Have one HD TV and the others are the older non-HD TVs.

Has anyone done a major replacement of an older entertainment system?

Looking for ideas.

Thanks

Gary

trfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #2

I set out to do that very thing in our '06 a few years ago. I could not find a company in my area willing to do a motor coach electronics upgrade, so I tried it myself.

The inside televisions were bolted in so well that I decided to leave them. They are flat screen Samsungs, so they aren't terrible. In addition, the removal of the existing surround sound system would have left so many holes that I left it as well!

What i did discover is that the Bose Acoustimass surround system receiver would communicate with everything I wanted in the main entertainment system. I installed it, along with an upgraded DirectTV receiver, a Sharp DVD player, Apple TV, and a buss that facilitates the connection of 6 sets of Sennheiser wireless headphones and the existing surround system.

The Bose receiver really brought the surround system to life. Unfortunately, we find few places where it would not be inconsiderate to our neighbors (or the driver!) to really use it, so the headphones get the most use.

I still haven't figured out how to upgrade the rear entertainment system, so I'm just playing old DVDs on the little 20" screen.

Our Renegade was also equipped with an outside entertainment system in one of the bays. I removed that completely to free up the space, and installed a small panel that houses JBL PRV-175 Dash mount radio that is connected to the outside speakers (upgraded to JL Audio), FM antenna, and accepts a bluetooth connection, then equipped the rest of the panel with a cable TV connection, charging ports, 120vac, etc. to make use of the connections in the bay and be able to hook up a TV there if necessary.

I'd still like a true professional upgrade with big 4k UHD TVs, up to date surround system, etc., so I will be subscribed to this thread hoping for ideas as well.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #3

Thank you the reply.

Never thought of removing the outdoor TV, I've never had one and seems all the new coaches have them but have I wonder have much it would get used.

It seems I'm going to spend time rewiring for HDMI...
Old 08-14-2018, 04:44 PM   #4

We always reserve television for when the weather or bugs drives us indoors.

Good luck with your upgrades. Please post your progress if you have time.