RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:09 PM   #1

M & G Brake System

Any Renegade owners here that use the M & G braking system on their toad?

I had it on the Buick Enclave that I towed behind my Bluebird and loved that everything is in the engine compartment instead of in the driver's floor.

I am thinking of putting it on my new Enclave that is going behind my new Verona LE.

Lots of news around this house.

RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post

I had it on the Buick Enclave that I towed behind my Bluebird and loved that everything is in the engine compartment instead of in the driver's floor.

I am thinking of putting it on my new Enclave that is going behind my new Verona LE.

I use the SMI Air Force One.. Systems are similar.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:32 AM   #3

We used the M&G on the '07 Honda CR-V. When we traded for the '13 Honda CR-V, the Honda's new design would not allow easy installation of the M&G without many extra hours of labor.

So, we went with the SMI Air Force One. We also had the SMI installed on the new Lincoln too. Both are excellent systems.

Safe travels,
Mark
Old 10-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #4

I have and use the M&G on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and have used an M&G on other cars and RVs about 250,000 miles with a M&G. My opinion is go for it.

For what it's worth, I was a very early SMI customer and burned out the brakes on my toad going through the Rockies. Never SMI for me again.
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post

I have the M&G Brake system and love the engineering, simplicity and having nothing in the Tow cockpit. We had M&G for our tows on a Dutch Star, a London Aire and now on our Verona LE Tow.

Each installation worked flawlessly, however, there are limitations as to which Tows will be compatible due to space requirements, so older vehicles are usually accommodating or you buy a Jeep, which what I have done each time.

M&G has introduced a new model breaking system to fit newer vehicles that does require what appears to be something more like the SMI cockpit attachment. Both companies offer the Break-away capability. Either company a great choice.

The M&G Engineering Site has a comparability chart you can check. And the people at M&G have been great to work with - small company.
M&G Engineering Brake System
JCAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #6

To install the M & G on my 2010 Buick Enclave the installer had to change the air filter system to an exposed K & N filter. The literature at the M & G website says that they do not have to do that for 2016 and 2017 models so my 2017 Enclave will not need it.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:01 AM   #7

We had it installed in our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I love the simplicity! Plus it gives me an excuse to use the trailer air supply valve
Old 10-20-2018, 05:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I installed it on my Jeep Wrangler and love the simplicity. I replaced a US Gear unit with the M&G.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #9

We’ve got the M&G on our F-150 that we tow with our 2017 Ventanna LE. Wish I had it on my Jeep Wrangler instead of the Blue Ox in the floor.
Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #10

Anyone have experience with the 2.0 model that has a cable run through the floorboard and attached to the brake pedal?

Tags
brake