Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksmom View Post
Great pictures. Nice campground! Were packin Shorty right now for a trip to Indiana for the weekend. Boy do we need it! Have fun!

Where ya campin'? I'm originally a Hoosier boy from northern Indiana. Avilla, Indiana to be exact . If you know where THAT is, well, you've spent too much time in the Hoosier State I guess.

We'll be hauling the doxies to a "Earthdog Trial" (a dog hunting competition of sorts) to Champion, PA and then to Luray, VA the following weekend for the same type competition.

Question: Did you get an Owner's Manual for your Inverter? Do you have the in-line turbo-charged MB diesel or the Cat?

Take care and Travel SAFE! Mark, Kathie and those crazy dachshunds

salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #16

Sorry, don't know where Avilla is! We had a nice trip to Raccoon State Recreation Area on Cecil Hardin (sp?) Lake. It is really lovely. Next time we'll reserve a boat for a day. My inlaws used to own a cabin on a small private lake near there. That part of Indiana is just beautiful.

We have the MB engine, we are so pleased with the way it just purrs along. We have to park Shorty till Sept. We are goiing to take him to Holland Motorhomes in Michigan to get a few things worked on and an a cpl upgrades for the month of Aug. Too may work conflicts, then in later Sept we'll get to really test the engine out by heading to Smokie Mountains, then head toward Carolina coast. I can't wait!

How many doxies? I think we just adopted my inlaws wire haired doxie. I just hope the rottie and the mutt don't cause her to have a canine coronary! Shes so sweet, but has lead a very sheltered life with my in-laws. My house is a zoo!

Inverter..we have the 1000 I think, and yes we do have a manual. I don't think its too big, as I recall. Do you need some info from it? The coach seems to have all the manuals from the original owner, I can't find the radio/dash one right now...that's MY fault, geez I need a keeper.

Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #17

Danke Bucksmom,

I run our MB diesel at 2000 rpm - with our gearing that's about 67 mph and I averaged 11.7 mpg on a 2020 mile run from Lyons, Co to Norfolk, VA. I have been using Lucas upper cylinder lubricant as a fuel additive - and THINK it has helped milage with the low sulfer fuel...and I hope I am keeping ghe injectors in shape. Are you using any fuel additives?

We have four doxies - three wire hair and one smooth, a pie-bald (a rescue). I am a real German Shepard Dog fan, but really enjoy our doxies.

I'll have to check on Inverter documentation on-line.

One more thing - please let me know how your service goes at Holland. They sent me a note about a 340XL - a new one and it is gorgeous. I like the 320XL (and my friends who have the big Class A's want to "downsize" to what you and I have). But the little lady would like the same thing with the dinette - which the 340XL has...but I'd rather have someone else "eat" the depreciation. It's tough to think about buyng a new RV!!!! Waaaaay too much mula for me.

In any case, the Dynamax has been a blast and I get a real kick out of the truckers who seem to really dig a Freightliner cab on an RV.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #18

Hey salvage diver, we dropped Shortie off at Holland motor homes. WOW! They had 6 or 7 Dynamax machines and oh my was it fun to look! Our 26' was the smallest one there. The place was full of huge As and 30-45 Dynamax. Still my favorite coaches. I love the 302. The storage under the twin beads is perfect. Met Jeremy very nice salesman, and the service Dept was very nice too. The coach is going to be there for about 3 weeks but then we're off for a 7-10 day trip and I can't wait. We had a list of little things for them to ck out as we bought the coach a big dealership had taken in on trade so we jumped on it quick. More when we pick him up!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #19

Ahoy Bucksmom,

Appreciate the intel, and will look forward to an "After Action Report" sil vous plait.

I am wondering if a trip to Elkart for an all-over tune-up is the way to go...

"Shorty" huh? Our friends have taken to calling our coach either "The Magic Bus" or 'The Weinermobile"

Take care!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksmom View Post
Hey salvage diver, we dropped Shortie off at Holland motor homes. WOW! They had 6 or 7 Dynamax machines and oh my was it fun to look! Our 26' was the smallest one there. The place was full of huge As and 30-45 Dynamax. Still my favorite coaches. I love the 302. The storage under the twin beads is perfect. Met Jeremy very nice salesman, and the service Dept was very nice too. The coach is going to be there for about 3 weeks but then we're off for a 7-10 day trip and I can't wait. We had a list of little things for them to ck out as we bought the coach a big dealership had taken in on trade so we jumped on it quick. More when we pick him up!

Hi Bucks mom,

Our new girl was there too when you dropped yours off. We picked ours up on the 11th after having some modifications done to the interior..we moved the dinette and added a new recliner. Holland Motorhomes are great! Scott in the service department is a real pro. We went to Oak Grove for the night in Holland to check everything out. The holland state park is nice for smaller rigs (under 40') as is Oak Grove. When you pick up your rig spend a night it is very nice.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #21

Thanks jt. Good suggestions on the campgrounds. We probably won't stay over this time, but I think that next summer we might just do that. We'll probably take shortie back because we'd like to get a towable car by then and well have holland put the tow package on for us.