Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #29

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You sure don't seem to be afraid of doing any big jobs on your project. You're going to love the air ride when you're done!

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #30

Sweet!! Any more updates!
Funrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #31

do you have any pics of the inside completed? very nice job so far

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
You sure don't seem to be afraid of doing any big jobs on your project. You're going to love the air ride when you're done!
OH my did you get that right!!! love it is right I have my air ride axle installed and it rides like...a....DREAM!! (compared to the old springs)
I can't believe the difference it has made in the reduction in harshness. It is now quite honestly about the same as most HD pickup trucks.
I put a gauge in the air line just to be curious and it has only 28 PSI in the bags to support the weight which last time I checked was about 8200 lbs. I can jump up and down on the rear bumper and get it moving up and down about 3/4 of an inch NO JOKE!!

this was such a good thing to do. Before I'd stop driving for the day because I was tired and beat. Now I stop because I'm sleepy and my eyes say to stop.
I'll post up details in the next few weeks when I'm back home.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #33

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
Sweet!! Any more updates!
I'll postup some pics as soon as i can of the three upgrades i did this year
Sound deadning for the cab, It didn't do much really wind noise still very bad
Magnaflo muffler and longer tialpipe Should help keep EGT in check and of course
The air ride conversion.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well i have started on building a Nice BIG bathroom in my RV. It may even get done before Christmas.
Plans are thus
I using all of the last 7 feet of the body for it.
I have room so i'm installing a 4 foot wide shower stall!! A standard toilet and sink and a 19 gallon water heater. (electric only)

As I usually stay a week or more during most trips in campgrounds with hookups I am NOT planning on having a Grey or black tank, but instead straight plumbing to the sewer hookup. I would at least have valves to keep any water leaft in the pipes in the pipes while under way.

What are your thoughts on this NO Tank idea?
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My guess is your neighbors in the campground will heading for the hills every time you flush..... Let us know where you're camping.

Mike
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #36

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
My guess is your neighbors in the campground will heading for the hills every time you flush..... Let us know where you're camping.

Mike
please explain?? If you can't flush then why are you hooked up at all, and not just using the dump station on the way out when you leave ?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #37

No tanks

Re your question regarding having no dump tanks: The FEMA type trailers are mostly in this category, ie no tanks, and they work fine and have regular house ceramic toilets.
The problem we have with them, as an RV park, is that when persons have no tank to be concerned with, they put all kinds of things, paper towels, grease, baby wipes, personal articles, etc, down the toilet and sink causing major problems for the septic tank. WITH a tank, persons are much more conscious of what they discard into the system.
An additional consideration is the event when a park has an emergency situation with their septic system caused by heavy rains or any number of reasons, when guests are required to temporarily use their storage tanks, a person without a tank may need to relocate to another area or even another RV park.
Storage tanks are definitely a plus but not having them does not affect the working of the toilet or affect other guests as was suggested.
Valley girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #38

What about at least having a gray tank? That way you can clean out the black waste that's been trickling down the hose to the ground fitting before you put it away in storage to move the truck.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am considering a small Grey( 10 Gallon) and or very small (10 Gal?) black tank OR Just one for both.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #40

Oh good. The lack of any holding tanks would just about eliminate the possibility of resale.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #41

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bought me one of these this week
Shop Whirlpool 19-Gallon Electric Point-of-Use Water Heater at Lowes.com

Yes you read right that is, a 19 gallon tank. ain't nothing like aplenty of hot water.
Next month I'll get a 48 inch shower enclosure.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
Update on My Truck conversion.

My build thread is too old to reply to so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
I'll postup some pics as soon as i can of the three upgrades i did this year
Sound deadning for the cab, It didn't do much really wind noise still very bad
Hard to belive I did most of the sound abatement work 3 years ago.

My F-700 (The U-RV) has always been a noisy rascal on the highway. you know the typical med duty truck no headliner and no cab insulation other than what is under the rubber floor mat. Not really designed for driver comfort for extended drive times.
Three years ago I decided to try to fix mine. I bought a few boxes of Dynamat Extreme. I covered the headliner back wall of the cab including every inch of the back window. since I had the passenger seat out I covered a lot of the floor. I even covered the entire back wall of the cab in carpet over top of the dynamat.

This did make a real difference. however there was still a LOT of heat (No Cab AC) in the cab in july almost more than you would expect.

I believe i have found the reason(s) for all the heat getting in the cab.
1 the clutch rod boot is damaged. (2 X 3 inch hole in floor)
2 Gas pedal boot is bad (not nearly as bad as the clutch rod. 1 X 3 inch hole)
3 the big reason,... is the dog house is loose. I mean REALLY loose. someone had it out in the past and reinstalled it with 2 or 3 spot welds. of course the welds didn't hold so I used some steel strapping and riveted it back. and of course I had to seal it all up with some seam sealer.
From 3 years ago It seem I still had a box full box of Dynamat
(Saved $60).
So Now I have almost the every square inch of floor covered in Dynamat. and I'm makeing some boots for both the pedals from EPDM Roof rubber. These will be a great help for sure.

The moral of the story is if Your truck had in the past a PTO, You might just have holes in the floor for the PTO shifter and the doghouse might not be sealed down real good.