Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's a great looking rig. Hope you really enjoy it.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #16

I've got a nice white trailer that would look awesome with that new rig!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edge.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	21217  

Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #17

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Wow that is a nice trailer. I did the trailer thing with the first Showhauler, don't need one now. Have you listed it on Racingjunk.com?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #18

I've never used the fresh water hookup in my rig. People have told me it's too easy for a pipe to crack or leak and then it just keeps wattering wherever it's leaking. We always use the water pump on board. And always shut the switch off when not needed. And especially when we're out of the rig or driving down the road. When I first got my t/c our first road trip we drove about 9 hours. When I opened up one of the storage bays everything was wet. Found out there was a leaking pipe fitting in the area above the bay. It just kept pumping out there. Since we were driving there was no way to hear that the water pump was running since it's under the bed in the master bedroom. Now we just turn the pump switch on when needed. My switch is very easy to get to on the kitchen wall. Granted, I've had an rv for 7 years and that was the only water problem. But, it's so easy to switch it off. And I've heard from others that have had water leak problems. If you're hooked up to a water line there is no on/off switch.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #19

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Sounds like you have a system that works for you. We do way to much campground style camping to not use the city hookup. I actually have had great luck with Showhaulers plumbing and do not recall any leaks in the interior plumbing on any of the 3 I have owned. On this one I did have an issue with a Sea-Tech hose that was not crimped properly in the water bay, but that was only a drip every minute or so and something I saw from the get go. I changed all of that stuff out to Pex to match what Showhauler does throughout the rest of the rig.

One of my future projects will be to run wiring to include a pump switch in the bathroom & one in the water bay. Way to inconvenient if you forget to hit the pump before heading into the bathroom or outside.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #20

I enjoyed getting the grand tour of the new rig when I picked up those air ride seats. Very beautiful rig, the pics don't do it justice.

Also good to see you can plug your RV business as a sponsor over here on this forum as opposed to truckconversion.net.

Thanks for the good deal.

Dave
(hot rod on truckconversion.net)
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #21

Official iRV2 Sponsor

It was great meeting you Dave, hope you get to use those seats soon.

We just finished up a 1200 mile trip and the rig performed perfectly.

Here is a shot of JoeK, me & islapp (f150 & trailer) who btw was hooked up to my 50 amp plug in rear to power up his AC while we where checking out the Herkimer Diamond Mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3amigos.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	23919  
Old 09-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Boy do you move around with the RV's, I can remember the one you had in Lancaster some time back.
I can remember another friend we had that was restless also.
This one tops that one, good luck and safe travels, I bet it can set up a good lunch also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #23

Good looking rig, congrats.

-Troy
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #24

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Thanks Troy!

I see you fixed the M2's power issue. Although you probably did not have as big an issue as I had with my 2004 Showhauler that had a M2 with 300 hp/960 tq Mercedes. That rig was 40' and weighted in at 32,000 lbs. It was a dog in the hills.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #25

TC's as well as this Motorhome is new to me. I am the second owner, but the unit only had 12k miles on the clock. The unit is super clean and the price was right. The original owner added a lot of factory options and got it maxed out for the most part. It's the best 125k I ever spent on an RV. The unit is my fourth. I love the truck concept. I don't see myself going back to a regular class A again. I love it so far.

As for the power, it has more than enough on its own this far. I will be pulling a 28' triple axle race car trailer soon, that will be the real test. I added the power for some extra help if needed.

You can always power down, but not always power up. More is better.

-Troy
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Does your ShowHauler have a "regular" bedroom in the rear or is it a garage with a crawl space/loft bedroom in the rear.

Not that we're in the market for a showhauler, but to me, the crawl space/loft bedroom is the one thing that turns me off to that type of RV. While on the other hand, a 10- 18' enclosed garage is pretty nice too.

I guess when I am in the market for one, I'll have to make that decision
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #27

Official iRV2 Sponsor

All of mine have been motorhomes without garage, although you can design a Showhauler with a floorplan that works best for you.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
All of mine have been motorhomes without garage, although you can design a Showhauler with a floorplan that works best for you.

Very nice ... so for me, I wonder about the advantage of a ShowHauler (without garage) over a motorhome like say an Entegra Coach Anthem or Cornerstone. The Entegra Coaches offer some fairly large engine coaches, up to 600 HP, and essentially more floor space without the front engine, so personally I just wonder about the choice of one vs the other.

I see on your website that you link to Dylan's RV ... their site is one of my "go to" ...buy an RV from them "someday" sites ... showhauler, entegra coach, forest river ... a lot of great brands there.

2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome