RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-30-2018, 03:46 AM   #1

New 2019 Renegade Verona 36 VSB Thoughts

All I can say is WOW. What an awesome machine. Only driven it 350 miles home and it's a powerhouse with that 8.9L. The only quirk is the rattle from the glass shower doors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_17cb.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	208988  

SSTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2018, 06:12 AM   #2

SSTuner: Congrats on the purchase of your new coach! I have a 2017 Verona and love it, no issues in two years. On the shower make sure the latch is all way the down there is like a double click that does not always get double clicked. I utilize a small (like 4") piece of half inch pipe insulation sponge that I stuff in the lower track and that usually stops the rattle. There is and adjustment on the wheel tracks that may help you out as well. Keep driving the baby, I have 17,000 on mine and it honestly gets better with more miles.

ragoodsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #3

That is nice looking....
wfo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #4

I have a 2017 36VSB. 29K trouble free miles. Are you sure it is the shower doors and not the outside vent for the microwave rattling? If the vent is not clasped closed from the outside, it is annoying.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #5

Can you give details on how to clasp the vent? I've got a Valencia and it rattles. Not obvious to me how to secure.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I have a 2017 36VSB. 29K trouble free miles. Are you sure it is the shower doors and not the outside vent for the microwave rattling? If the vent is not clasped closed from the outside, it is annoying.

I'm sure its the bathroom shower half doors. When they are both clasped together you can actually move the door right and left on their tracks. I did check about moving the clear plastic stops but don't want to drill another hole in the track.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
Can you give details on how to clasp the vent? I've got a Valencia and it rattles. Not obvious to me how to secure.
Assuming the Valencia is the same as the Verona, you need a step stool outside to push the flapper closed in the vent until it clasps. Then when you want to use the microwave, you have to go outside and unclasp it. Or....like me, just leave it open and listen to the rattle. Canít believe even million dollar coaches use the same piece of crap!
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #8

The m2 business chassis is the way to go. It double the gross weight and make it better driving when windy. Picked up in April almost 10,000 mile on it and runs great. The only issue we had was the toilet wouldnít flush 2 days in on our first trip. Stop in mocks Iíll and the guys at trailers of the east where you got your replace the motor been fine since.
Great place to get a stacker and have them do your graphics to match the paint scheme of the coach.
Had them rewrap our 2016 stacker to match the Verona.
Great work and very reasonable.

As for the shower door rattle. Hummmm ours is fine. Maybe check the alignment. Once you flip the latch it should all be tight. That is the reason they prefer the curved doors instead of a square or rectangle shower. The doos donít move or rattle. Make sure everything is tight. Also check travel latch. It may be loose and need adjusting
RichieCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:06 AM   #9

Fixed the shower door rattle. Turned the rubber stops inside the top rail 90 degrees. We'll see if that works.
Old 07-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTuner View Post
Fixed the shower door rattle. Turned the rubber stops inside the top rail 90 degrees. We'll see if that works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	210086Turned stops to stop door movement
Old 07-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #11

on youtube there is a channel called The Great Escape. In one of the vids, Glenn, the owner of an Entegra class A did a mod that solved his flapping vent. He took out the microwave and mounted an 12v magnet on a switch. He can turn on the switch to hole the flap closed. Didnt seem to be too hard if you are inclined to doing your own repairs.
beetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:14 PM   #12

Any Verona owners have feedback or opinion on whether the 38 foot model feels too small or is it easier to drive and fit into parks. Also, how do you feel it performs with the M2 over mountain passes? thanks
dinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinov View Post
Any Verona owners have feedback or opinion on whether the 38 foot model feels too small or is it easier to drive and fit into parks. Also, how do you feel it performs with the M2 over mountain passes? thanks
Did you mean the 36VSB model ? I have one and it does the mountains fine, really better now that I drop the gears manually instead of letting the transmission do it. I'm down to 4th gear and 50 - 55 going up 6% grades.
Towing a 3k lb. jeep and full water.

Haven't found a park I can't get in yet.. went to Pismo Beach in Feb. and they had a 36ft. limit, found I fit really easy.
Very happy with it after 18 months.

Bruce
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:59 AM   #14

I down sized from a 40 foot Work and Play 5th wheel to a Verona 36VSB. Parking is not an issue in any parks so far. Pulling thru the mountains is a breeze with all the power the Cummins 8.9L makes and the gear selection withs the Allison 3200. Labor Day weekend I will be flat towing my 06 2500HD with a golf cart in bed to Myrtle Beach from VA. No hills to speak of but this will be the first time towing anything heavy other than a golf cart.