Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #15

New Horizons Owners Club
Wow! Sweeeet!
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #16

Ed, i dont know the manufacture of the lights, I think they are attached with a 3M tape? I actually told my shop to put LED lights on and thats what I got! They come with a remote and colors can be changed etc...
JPerham301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #17

What do you have in the Trailer? I am looking at something very similar and keep windering If I should go with a shorter (and more legal-ish by length) stacker or a easier to manage trailer like the one you have.

Jess
jholderbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #18

I carry a offroad car, about 7-10 bikes, 100 gallons of fuel etc. Im actually about 10 feet over length...
JPerham301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
This is great and really making me want one! Hubby likes these best of all but we thought they were out of our budget...seems they aren't
Old 02-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #20

I think the best selections and pricing info is often on www.racingjunk.com. They have a section for Truck Conversions there. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #21

agree with Bob. Hi Bob
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #22

ie2special, have you gone to any car races and walked around the paddock areas? That's where you're going to find lots of Truck Conversions. Most of the guys will be busy working on their race cars but lots of family members will talk about their rigs and likely invite you in for a look.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All I can say is WOW! That's a great looking ride. Hope you enjoy all your travels.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #24

Nice Looking rig, is the I shift smooth on its shifts or do you feel it throttle up and down?
Dune Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #25

ShowHauler

Folks,

We are buying a custom-build from Angie at Big Power Coaches in Hickory, NC. She is terrific.

Ours is 45' with 2 slides.

Lonnie is the sales manager at ShowHauler and is also very nice to discuss options.

Mine is a Freightliner Cascadia with a DD16 engine and 13 speed AUTO.

Go to the ShowHauler Facebook page and you'll find thousand's of photos. Also some great video's on travel channel and youtube.

JohnnyB
brunsje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune Hauler View Post
Nice Looking rig, is the I shift smooth on its shifts or do you feel it throttle up and down?
I got to drive a buddy's '09 Volvo 770 with D16 and ishift for a short test drive. It was set up for hauling his 5th wheel and Smart on the deck. We didn't have the trailer or Smart on it when I drove it. But, his bed was pretty substantial, large generator too. I don't know how much it weighed but more than bob-tailing with just a tractor, and less than a fully built Truck Conversion. The trans was incredibly smooth. No jerking whatsoever when it shifted. I suspect it would be just as smooth, if not smoother, on a heavy T/C.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #27

Looks great and you are obviously having fun going all over!
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #28

Considering ShowHauler

We are looking at Showhaulers and working with Lonnie...will be a motorhome 45 feet and a stacker to attend conventions and show our software at conventions...

Lonnie and ShowHauler have impressed me the most...

We will want to also occasionally stay at rv sites. Will carry two vehicles and booth equipment in stacker toter.

Most campgrounds have other areas to park the toter and we are willing to pay extra.

Any advice on the chassis brand and options, options on the Showhauler coach and issues with your toter or Class 8 motor home at campgrounds.

Subscribed to the Big Rig website and expect to spend some time in parking lots, rest areas, truck stops, etc. to save money.

Will buy new.

Your favorite transmission (auto) and engine.

Thanks for your advice.
grinderboy is offline   Reply With Quote