Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #1

Hello all,
Just joined, I've been tracking the Class 8 Conversion Industry for a few years now. I'm researching and plan on renting, then buying a used Funmover?, and eventually moving up to a Class 8 Conversion. I put in a 94 ft. long drivway 6" driveway last year in preparation and have a 50 Amp dedicated circuit ready to go at my home. I figure I'm about 10-15 years away from the end goal (currently 44) I'm an avid Motorcyclist so am looking at Garage units to carry a bike or two, would like to have a seperate bedroom and a overhead bunk for the occasional kids/ guests. Been looking @ Kingsley, Dynamax, Show Hauler, etc.

Any idea which forum I could find out more about overhead bunks in a class 8 conversion?
Westbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #2

Hello all,
Just joined, I've been tracking the Class 8 Conversion Industry for a few years now. I'm researching and plan on renting, then buying a used Funmover?, and eventually moving up to a Class 8 Conversion. I put in a 94 ft. long drivway 6" driveway last year in preparation and have a 50 Amp dedicated circuit ready to go at my home. I figure I'm about 10-15 years away from the end goal (currently 44) I'm an avid Motorcyclist so am looking at Garage units to carry a bike or two, would like to have a seperate bedroom and a overhead bunk for the occasional kids/ guests. Been looking @ Kingsley, Dynamax, Show Hauler, etc.

Any idea which forum I could find out more about overhead bunks in a class 8 conversion?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:04 PM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Westbound </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I built a website just for conversions--&gt; truckconversions.net

There is a ton of info as well as photos to check out.

Bill
Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #4

Bill,
Thanks for the response, I've perused that site off and on for a few years now, but haven't seen much activity. I'm real atracted to the Kingsley, Show hauler, Powerhouse, Dynamax line of coaches, but being new to RV's, I realize something along those lines is quite a ways out. I 'm 44 and have never owned more than a tent and the basics. Even for an overnight in the woods I have the entire bed of my pickup full though.

In preparation for a future RV, I've installed a 94' driveway alongside my house, and am finishing up a 28' addition to the back of an existing garage, so I now have a 22' by 50' deep attached garage that I plan on parking the rig alongside. I've already routed .75 conduit through which I hope to pull enough copper to provide a 50A receptacle alongside the house to plug the unit in for shore power.

Question: I'm looking for a spacious overcab bunk w/ a forward facing window, I 'm partial to sleek lines like a Volvo 770 and 880, etc. Put these units don't tend to offer overhead bunks, any ideas on where to look?

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #5

United Specialties. Has agreat OH bunk, enoug hroom for my 6'2, 250lb frame to get up into. Currently have mine up for sale, but not a garage unit