Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #1

No cable channels

We are staying at the first campground that has cable TV available. Problem is when I connect from the cable connection in the wet bay to the cable connection in the campground and scan for cable channels on the TV’s none are found. Looking at the back of the TV and the owners manual there appears to be a single input for antennae/cable. Is there a switch somewhere I am missing to change between OTA and cable?
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #2

Make sure the antenna booster is off.
Also my unit had a terrible janky connection factory installed on the back of the bulkhead connection in the wet bay. Didn't figure it out until I ran the cable direct from campground feed to back of TV then I knew something was up.
Pee Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #3

If your OTA antenna booster is on you will not be able to get cable tv. Mine is in the panel that controls jacks, inverter, AC and tank levels. If a little light is glowing push the small button on that panel.

Then you have to press Source on the Samsung's remote for TV. Then Settings...Broadcast...to do a auto program for cable only.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #4

Thanks Ron. I’ll give that a try.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #5

On my 17 Verona a non working cable hookup was on my lengthy list of repairs after 6 months. To their credit, I watched as the dealer spent the whole of day 3 of repairs trying to get it to work. Hooking the cable to back of the tv directly worked but nothing else. Finally I told them to forget it and moved on without repair. On a lark I added it to a repair list on month 10 at a different dealer. The second dealer couldn’t find the problem but replaced the cable ends in the wet bay and the video cupboard and like magic...it works. Good luck with your quest.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:31 PM   #6

I should have taken pictures but in the wet bay connection on the back side they used some sort of cable that has strand wire instead if the rigid wire you are used to seeing.
I'm told there is a special end they could have used but didn't.
Pee Wee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable