Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #1

Rear camera stay on

Thought I saw it someplace but can't find it. Anyway,does anyone have the operating instructions for a 2019 Verano?I want to shut off the side view cameras so only the rear view camera stays on. Talked to Garmin and they said it is wired to go off of rear view when turn signals. Bummer
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #2

Whole thread named "Renegade side cameras" I did mine and love it.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #3

I just went and did mine. That thread has a link the manual. Just turn triggers for camera 2 and 3 to skip. Hold the Menu button down for more then 1 sec to get into the correct menu.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #4

Not sure that thread will work with Garmin?
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #5

That is what I have. The Garmin just displays something when you press the camera button. The voyager switcher is what is feeding the video to Garmin. That is what you are configuring.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #6

Get into the dash, and find the cables from the monitor. One will likely be for the turn signals. Unplug it from the chassis harness. That's the way it was on our MobileVision.

If you are lucky, the monitor will just pop out from the dash, and you can find the cables that way.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:18 PM   #7

Just got done trying to eliminate the left and right cameras from operating. It seems as I might have it set up now. Will see tomorrow a we are leaving for home. Thanks to all who answered my question.
chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #8

Netjam

I have not been able to figure out the Garmin interrupting the rear cam, when set to rear cam and a turn comes up the Garmin takes over the display. Not a big deal for me, I use a stand alone Garmin 760, which is the same exact one as the dash GPS. But I mount it to the fly window on the door, I can see it much better than the dash unit, plus I don't have to worry about it interfering with rear cam. I just leave the dash GPS off.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #9

I thought I had it. Turned the triggers off for Camera 3 and 4. Doesn't switch. But the turning signal takes me back to Garmin home screen. The fix is supposedly installing the latest updates for the Hub dock and the Hub remote.

Hub dock should be at 2.50
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...5826AB083.html

Hub Remote should be at 3.40.
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...17B6A6C73.html
Old 06-27-2019, 06:36 PM   #10

I just eliminated the cameras, works great. I also set the rear camera to power up as soon as I start the engine. I mounted a remote monitor where a rear view mirror would be so it’s out of the way and It’s not interfering with the head unit.
Joe II is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera