Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #15

One other fact....the same seats that are used in the Verona are used in the Verona LE.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I will let you know what I find out. I think the main issue is more of a Freightliner issue as I believe the air seat bases are supplied and mounted by them. My wife is 5'2" and basically uses the dashboard for her feet.. Not great. Other than that I am very happy with the unit. Couple of small issues such as the end rubber caps on the stair treads coming out and needing to be re glued but the fit and finish and quality of the coach is excellent.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #17

I would bet the seats are a standard air ride seat. Stop in any larger truck dealer (Kenworth/Pete/Volvo/Freightliner) and check out their seats. Measure the bolt mounting spacing. I bet it's the same as your Flexsteel seats. My Truck Conversion is built on a Freightliner FL112 chassis. It had Flexsteel seats. I switched them to Bostroms. I liked them much better than the Flexsteels. They bolted right onto the mounts.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #18

The thing I don't like about the M2 cab is the seats sit up too high. When you air them up your legs are dangling unless you're pretty tall. I rarely air my seat up because I don't like my leg hanging off the front of the seat. My son had a FLD which has a flat floor so you can use a shorter base to allow the seat to air up and not put you way up in the air. I believe the floor layout in the cab is the same in the FL112 and the M2.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:22 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Actually mine came with Bostrom seats. I have no problem with the comfort of the seat, its the adjustability, or lack of thats the problem. The seat height for me being 6'3" is no problem but the 5"2" wifes legs dangle. She has a stool on the floor to remedy that. I would really like to have a power seat if anyone made one for the M2.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #20

We have a 2016 M2, Verona, and the wife uses a folding stool also. She is 5'3" and places the stool folded on the floor. The extra inch or two is perfect for her when the seat is raised slightly up.
tgdameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #21

I just replaced our FlexSteel/Bostrom seats in our 2015 M2 Renegade with these https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...rgo-mc-ii.html

What a difference!
mooseknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #22

MooseKnukle.....did the Recaro's just bolt right in or did you have to modify? they are super looking seats for sure.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:58 PM   #23

If it is a M2 frame, I just added a drivers seat in place of the passenger's seat so she has all the air functions plus the back massager.. priceless..
Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragoodsp View Post
MooseKnukle.....did the Recaro's just bolt right in or did you have to modify? they are super looking seats for sure.
The Recaros are shipped with a base that bolts right in. Unfortunately the original seats ordered had no power/electrical functions (for heated seats). Therefore electronic pig tails were not installed at the factory. Air, yes. I had the Freightliner dealer install the electrical running appropriate relays to prevent any issues.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:11 AM   #25

Moose....were you able to come close on color match or did you go with the black/grey look? Thanks for your updates.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #26

Our cab had black leather flex steel seats. We replaced them with the black/black leather Recaros. They have multiple leather and fabric options available. Each seat has a trim color and seat color so you will be able to design your Formula1 dream cockpit.

These seats are custom built for each order and must be ordered directly from Recaro in Auburn Hills, MI from the Commercial Sales Dept. You will not be able to order these seats from a Recaro dealer (I tried multiple dealers). Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery after you order them. Happy to help with questions, photo and/or share the contact info for the individual who can take care of you at Recaro if you would like.

Edit- Apparently my photo upload skills need work. These Recaro seats have turned our rig in to a space shuttle. Strap in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3620.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	148441  
Old 04-06-2017, 02:59 PM   #27

I pick up my new 2018 Renegade Verona next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I picked up my Verona in Denver and did a 5K mile trip back to the east coast via Colorado, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming and the mountains were absolutely no problem with much power to spare. I was not towing but that would not have been an issue in this rig. Plenty of power to spare. As far as the bed, I am 6'3' and the bed is short for me. And not very comfortable (for me). I added a 3" latex topper to it and now is very good. As others have mentioned, squeaks and rattles are almost non existant.
My only real disappointment with the Renegade Verona as we made our decision was the lack of cubbies/holders in the cabin and the awful mattress in the master bedroom.

Where did you get the foam topper to fit it from? These are special sized beds in the coach's aren't they? A topper for a residential bed won't be the right size? Are you happy with the brand/manufacturer you chose?
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:48 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your new unit and best of luck. I bought my mattress topper from sleepwarehouse.com. It is 3" natural latex (not memory foam) and I am very happy with it. They custom cut it (72X75) for the short king and sell a cover custom fit for it.....