Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #57

Folks....Yes, the lock set is a pain! Every time you get it adjusted the temp changes and everything goes to heck. Not sure what one can do to fix the issue. Locktite does help....be safe. Ron

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #58

Yes sir.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #59

We leave at 0 dark 30 tomorrow to *finally* get our Verona

6 hr drive to Ft. Meyers to pick her up and will be staying at Cypress Trails, which is the next exit down I-75 from the dealer, for 3 nights to be sure all works as designed. If anyone is nearby, feel free to drop in.

Looking forward to sharing or experiences with the rest of you.
Ziggy8321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #60

Good luck and safe travels
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:53 AM   #61

Great the big day has arrived....just go slow and after 60 miles the rig will feel very comfortable. Be safe. Can not wait to hear some of your first imoressions
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #62

Safe Travels getting your Verona

Thanks for sharing your thoughts behind selecting your Verona.

My wife and I are beginning the same thought process and are currently learning as much we can about Renegade, DynaMax and others. Current early 'favs' are the Verona, possibly a Classic and DX3. Looking at as many floorplans as we can, currently favoring the DX3 37TS.

Very eager to hear your reports... all things equal the Verona looks like the near ideal quality/value/cost balance.

We are in Utah, looking forward to checking out IWS shortly to see Renegades, and Dillon RV - both in Idaho - to see Dynamax.

Any and all ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #63

rheil....best of luck with your shopping and I hope you both find exactly what you are looking for in regards to build quality and layout. I would again just say that Dynamax of today is not the Dynamax of pre 2014 when Forrest River did not own them. Look at the over hangs in the rear, look at the build quality underneath the coach, check out the capacities of the fluids, front axle rating, Renegade's come with 16 ply tires on the front not Dynamax. One can go on and on to be honest. The triple slide is very nice but I am always a little hesitant about plumbing going in and out and what that means over time. i had and issue with the leveling jacks recently and I called the Renegade factory and spoke with Joe McGee who solved my problem and a reimbursement check is in the mail to me. Try getting a hold of someone at Forrest River! Again, best of luck with your shopping and take your time. Thanks, Ron G.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #64

You will love IWS. We are expecting our new Explorer next month. Completion date is 07/14/2017 and we will be in Mountain Home 07/21/2017.

We custom ordered because my wife wanted all electric, 43" TV in the living room, and hydronic heat, along with picking all the colors and small things that become important down the road. Like 110 outlets in ALL the storage bays, water pump switches in the kitchen, bathroom and toilet room. Been waiting since January and looking forward to enjoying it.

Here is a picture of the floor plan. They have a used 2016 that looks like brand new that is similar and a brand new 2018 that is very nice and has an M2/112 chassis with the 470 Detroit.

Good luck in your search

Frank

Frank Tamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:31 PM   #65

We love our 2015 Renegade Explorer BH, purchased it from the original owner last September. He bought it from Steve at IWS. Used through the winter out of Charlotte ,Nc and just returned from a 6k mile trip out west . Total miles since Sept 12k trouble free with the exception of an Egr problem with the Cummins which was covered under warranty. Previous coach was a 45' Monaco Executive. The Renegade is a pleasure to drive long hours even with the strong prairie cross winds and an unexpected snow storm in May outside Cheyenne,Wy. Averaged approx. 8.5 to 9 mpg @ 65. Call me for any additional info , Tom 561-722-9303
Tom&Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #66

Tom
What does your rig weight? I was looking at a rig like yours but I wanted the 400 plus version so I went another way. Just seems like 350 hp is a little light but the fuel usage is great.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #67

Renegade

Approx 35000 gvw 55000 combined ..... No problem pulling the grades on way to Yellowstone area with full water and fuel and supplies for a month of travel. Should you want or need more power the new 2018 Explorer with the M-2 112 chassis should be considered. It should be noted that we also towed a Hummer H-3. Tom 561-722-9303
Tom&Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #68

Smile

Thanks all for the feedback and thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Indeed from what I can tell and am reading its clear Renegade is a quality product beloved by its owners. And from the quality of their videos and website, IWS does seem to be a top notched dealer with a passion for what they do (and do it well). There after-factory (and I guess before order) services seem unparalleled. We've just started communicating via email with Steve, looking forward to meeting soon.

Since it is only the two of us, with no expectation for overnight guests we want only one sleep area /bed (room) and the rest maximized for day use - i.e. put into bathroom, W/D, nice kitchen (want induction cooktop), living area, storage, etc. Most floorplans seem to want to sleep a dozen people (slight exag., but definitely more bunk house mentality).

We don't watch a lot of TV, but do enjoy movies and have a high end home theater in our home. Would like something close to that in the RV for movies, which is one reason I like the across from the couch TV in the DX3 floorplan. Looking forward to working with IWS to see what options they have - lots with the Classic which seems fully customizable (but unsure the cost diff).

Learning as we go but seem confident we want a Super C. We like the freightliner chassis and base for the reasons others have noted. Don't need heavy towing, planning to get a Jeep Wrangler (likely new redesigned 2018 model) so only 5k or so but would prefer towing at 50% or even 25% capacity rather than always at the max limit.

Frank, thanks for the floorplan! I confess to not looking at the Explorer too closely, thought it more for towing bigger loads. Along those lines what's your sense of where each model fits - Verona, Classic, Ikon, Explorer.... kind of hard to tell from pictures and website. No doubt seeing them will help immensely.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #69

I wish the Explorer offered the larger bed (72"X75"), I do not see it under options? My bet is when possible they will install the larger bed platform...
Old 06-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #70

Length?

On a more general topic, but one I'd like input from Super C owners, is about the trade-offs of length? We want to explore the parks more (we love near annual trips to Yellowstone) as well as North America generally. Smaller is obviously easier to park, etc. but bigger is more comfortable when inside.... are there any magical cutoffs where 28 vs 30 vs 35 vs 37 vs 40 etc makes a notable difference. In other words are there any thresholds to consider/avoid regarding height or length.

One I know of is on height there are a few routes not available - like the Eastern route out of Zion due to the tunnel.

Thanks all for your insights!