Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 AM   #99

If it's any consolation to you, my 1997 Blue Bird Wanderlodge, 43', 52,000, DD 60 series, over the 100,000 miles I put on her, I would get between 6 and 8.5 no matter what I towed. That was no smog control at all and it wasn't much better than you are seeing with your DDs. BUT, I would love to have another rig with its modern equivalent. It always pulled like a freight train. I was just getting ready to have Pittsburg Power turn it up to 800HP when I sold it
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post

By the way, what make and model is that hitch pictured in you post?

Its called a mini 5th wheel. It makes the trailer much more stable. T&E Trailers made it for me when they built the trailer.

Here is a link

The best race car trailers made come from T&E and Goldrush

Car Trailers by T&E Auto Haulers - Semi Trailers, Stacker Trailers, Gooseneck Trailers, Fifth Wheel Trailers, Pull-a-Long Trailers and Coach Trailers
Old 09-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Tamez View Post
Its called a mini 5th wheel. It makes the trailer much more stable. T&E Trailers made it for me when they built the trailer.

Here is a link

The best race car trailers made come from T&E and Goldrush

Car Trailers by T&E Auto Haulers - Semi Trailers, Stacker Trailers, Gooseneck Trailers, Fifth Wheel Trailers, Pull-a-Long Trailers and Coach Trailers
Thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #102

This is the Email I sent Earl and Todd (Father and son owners of T&E).

They posted it up as a testimonial. I still feel the same way 12 years later

Car Trailers by T&E Auto Haulers - Customer Testimonials
Old 07-29-2018, 04:06 PM   #103

M2 power over BC mountain passes?

I am looking at either Buying a Verona with the M2 chassis or a Classic on the cascadia chassis. I would rather not fork over the extra $$ for the classic but my only real concern with the M2 is how it's going to perform tackling the long steep passes found in BC and the NW where I live and plan to travel. Does anyone have any input on this? Both naked and with a modest tow vehicle? Thanks!
dinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #104

Have had a 2017 Verona BH for little over a year. Haven’t done BC but have done Calgary to Banff and mountains in Montana. You’re going to find its pretty much underpowered. ( my f-350 dually pulling a 20000# 5er could run rings around our Verona on a hill. ) Flat is fine but it sucks on hills. I usually tow a 3000# car.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:40 AM   #105

The M2 is a good chassis, but the Cascadia is a whole other animal. It really isn't a fair comparison. If you can tolerate the increased price you will get more room, comfort, quiet, and power in return...lots more power!

Try to find a dealer that will allow you to drive (or ride in) each of them on the interstate. I'd be surprised if the Cascadia wasn't your hands down favorite, even without trying the mountains.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:20 PM   #106

We went with a custom Classic on a Cascadia chassis because we needed a motorhome with some very specific features to handle winter driving, road conditions, mountain passes, and the sheer mileage of trips between Alaska and the east coast. The power and comfort of the Classic/Cascadia combo is in a class by itself. It handles the mountain passes of BC on cruise control with power to spare. We initially considered going with the M2, but it simply didn't meet our needs. We have driven the Alaska Hwy approximately 55 times so far, so we had a pretty good idea what we wanted/needed. The Cascadia hasn't disappointed.

2018 Renegade Custom Classic
aktraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #107

Winterizing a Verona LE

My wife and I purchased our Renegade Verona LE back in August and we absolutley love the coach. We are first time RV’ers as well. I’ve pick up a lot of useful I information on this site.

I’m starting to think about winterizing and am wondering what tips or processes you follow to winterize. I’ve always winterized our boats so I get the general process but still appreciate any advice you more experienced people can give me..
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #108

Picked up our Verona towards end of this past winter and it had been winterized at factory. Early April we de-winterized it, and when pressurized with fresh water for first time water poured out of washing machine unit with washer turned off. We're a long way from our dealer, or any dealer really, and so fixed it myself. Plastic water inlet valve assembly on washer was cracked. Splendide sent me new assemblies (hot and cold) gratis and told me they see this frequently. Splendide winterization advice was 1) Draining washer and supply lines is NOT inadequate and 2) The washer plumbing internals must be protected with antifreeze. This means starting a wash cycle with antifreeze feeding your pump and let machine run until you see pink antifreeze pool in the tub.

Never bothered Renegade on this one. Valve could have been defective from Splendide, but I think most likely a Renegade factory foul up. Who knows. Splendide was extremely helpful.

Swapping out the valve costs five minutes. Removing and replacing the washing machine into the cabinet....priceless.
DeetsMaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #109

Monaco Owners Club
Remember that you also need to run the washer on the drain cycle to get the antifreeze in the pump and drain p-trap.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #110

I am somewhat ashamed to say I always had the a dealer winterize and de-winterize our past units. I am a gearhead so shame on me.

I winterized my Verona this past winter myself for the first time. It was really easy, just like the poster above said, don't forget the washer and dryer.
cment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:03 AM   #111

How many gallons of antifreeze did it take?
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:22 AM   #112

I believe 4 or 5, but don't exactly remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade RV View Post
How many gallons of antifreeze did it take?
cment is offline   Reply With Quote