Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 04:44 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Born and raised in Virginia Beach and still call it home.... Holiday Trav-L Park is much more spacious than the KOA across the road.
And much nicer. We'll never stay at the KOA after staying at the Trav-L!
eweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #156
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweiner View Post
And much nicer. We'll never stay at the KOA after staying at the Trav-L!
I'd also recommend American Heritage in Williamsburg, as well as Cherrystone on the Eastern Shore of Virginia... Both great "Virginia" options.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:54 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
I'd also recommend American Heritage in Williamsburg, as well as Cherrystone on the Eastern Shore of Virginia... Both great "Virginia" options.
We've been to American Heritage a few times over the years...unfortunately now, we don't really fit unless we get two sites. And Cherrystone is on the list. We'll be at Tall Pines out on the Eastern Shore this weekend!
eweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:43 PM   #158

Maiden voyage in my new 40’ BH And couldn’t be more pleased. 5300 miles, half of it towing our race rig to Daytona and not a hitch.
Pee Wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #159

Last weekend we camped with the low temp of minis 2 degrees. We stayed toasty warm with the Aqua Hot and heated floors. Now the coach is sitting in the driveway with lots of snow and 45 mph wind gusts. Sure am happy with the rig.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #160

Verona experience

My 2017 Verona 40vhb only has 1700 miles so for but camping season is in full swing now. Love driving this Rv as compared to my previous grayhawk and I really love the extra carrying capacity. Problems so far have been a leaking power steering seal, a small whistling air leak at 60 mph, leveler reset, and a bedroom slide sealing problem. Most of these have been taken care of under warranty so for except the slide seal issue which the dealer has not been able to fix, yet. Seems to be a issue that Renegade will have to address. I will be able to comment on their warranty support real soon
Cclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #161

Cclark

I had a couple slide seal issues to and the factory took care of them very well. If you can take pics of the issue and send them along will help. They have to understand the problem to fix.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #162

I need to through all my notes and post all of the issues we have had. Regardless of the issues I love this thing and just returned from another 1200+ mile trip.

I do have one outstanding issue that is driving me crazy though.

Even if we run the generator until 10pm at night, the batteries are at "low battery" by 8am in the morning and sometimes the Auto start isn't even able to kick on.

At night the only thing we have running is the refridgerator. I have even unplugged all of the small tv's and it still won't even last overnight?

How long does everyone else get without having to run the generator?

If we leave it on auto start (which we have, it kicks on at least twice during the day and once during the night. It sucks to be sleeping on top of it when it kicks on... and sometimes we are at places where we shouldn't have it running during "quiet hours".

We've tried setting it up as per Woody on the customer service, and then today we just got back after running it as set up by our dealer who said they had checked everything and it was working correctly.

It can't really be that the batteries won't power it through the night with almost everything off can it? It's been the same since we first got it.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #163

Mine works just fine for 10+ hrs as long as I turn the fridge off. Just shut off the fridge breaker at 10pm. Just don’t use the fridge, it’s insulated well enough that the food won’t get warm overnight. If you’re nervous put the next days frozen to be thawed food in the fridge portion.
Joe II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
I need to through all my notes and post all of the issues we have had. Regardless of the issues I love this thing and just returned from another 1200+ mile trip.

I do have one outstanding issue that is driving me crazy though.

Even if we run the generator until 10pm at night, the batteries are at "low battery" by 8am in the morning and sometimes the Auto start isn't even able to kick on.

At night the only thing we have running is the refridgerator. I have even unplugged all of the small tv's and it still won't even last overnight?

How long does everyone else get without having to run the generator?

If we leave it on auto start (which we have, it kicks on at least twice during the day and once during the night. It sucks to be sleeping on top of it when it kicks on... and sometimes we are at places where we shouldn't have it running during "quiet hours".

We've tried setting it up as per Woody on the customer service, and then today we just got back after running it as set up by our dealer who said they had checked everything and it was working correctly.

It can't really be that the batteries won't power it through the night with almost everything off can it? It's been the same since we first got it.
If you have an ice maker, try leaving that off.

A good set of batteries should get you thru the night. Does your system show how many amps or watts its using to power the MH thru the night. Could be something else on with the fridge.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 AM   #165

We have three group 31 house batteries. When dry camping with the family (of 6), we can run both TVs and DVD players for at least one movie, along with the fantastic fan, courtesy lighting, and outside 12v freezer all night (inside fridge runs on propane). In the morning there is enough juice to continue the courtesy lighting, light the galley for coffee time, and crank the generator once quiet hours are over.

Have you had your batteries tested?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe II View Post
Mine works just fine for 10+ hrs as long as I turn the fridge off. Just shut off the fridge breaker at 10pm. Just don’t use the fridge, it’s insulated well enough that the food won’t get warm overnight. If you’re nervous put the next days frozen to be thawed food in the fridge portion.
That's not a bad idea at all, but it's frustrating that they would build a vehicle that can't make it through the night, running only the minimum necessities, on the battery power provided without it running out of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
If you have an ice maker, try leaving that off.

A good set of batteries should get you thru the night. Does your system show how many amps or watts its using to power the MH thru the night. Could be something else on with the fridge.
The panel shows some information but it seems to be pretty basic and I am not that good at understanding electrical draw. How much should the system be using to keep the fridge and other critical systems (that I wouldn't notice being on) working?

I'll try leaving the ice maker off, but we do use it, and that means we'll forget to turn it on when we want ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
We have three group 31 house batteries. When dry camping with the family (of 6), we can run both TVs and DVD players for at least one movie, along with the fantastic fan, courtesy lighting, and outside 12v freezer all night (inside fridge runs on propane). In the morning there is enough juice to continue the courtesy lighting, light the galley for coffee time, and crank the generator once quiet hours are over.

Have you had your batteries tested?
The dealer/service place tested the batteries and said they were fine, but I wasn't there to verify it. I'm starting to wish the fridge was propane but I do like the convenience of the full size unit as we are mainly dry camping and don't have any other form of transport once we set camp.

Has anyone added more batteries to a Verona? I'd give up some cargo space for the ability to not have to worry about this. It's not like adding solar would work through the night

How long does everyone have the generator set to run on the Autostart up?
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #167

So I manged to have a 4th battery squeezed into the battery compartment.
That helps.
You are right at where we were before adding that 4th battery, about every 10 hours the genny would kick on.
I've heard the in-motion satellite and box will drain your battery.
I moved my volt's setting on the AGS to 12.0 from 12.1 that helps a bit also.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #168

I switched from 3 group 27 batteries that my Explorer came with to 6 Lifeline 6 volt Batteries. Went from 315 amp hours to 660.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1041.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	203814