Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #29

We are the proud owners a new 2016 Renegade Verona, bunk house, model on the M2 chassis. Our dealer was IWS Motorcoaches in Mountain Home, ID. We live and Tucson, AZ. First let me say that Renegade's quality and craftsmanship is the best we seen over the past 16 years and 4 RVs. We are tickled to death with over 7,000 lbs. carrying capacity as well as 20,000 lbs of towing capacity. We cruise at 70 and pull long hills of I-84, I-15, and Hwy 93 between 50 and 65 mph. The DW drives and says it is as easy to drive as our Grand Cherokee. We enjoy the household fridge compared to our dual fuel model as it keeps our food at the same temperature regardless of location. Our coach runs on the inverter about six hours before we hit 50% on our batteries. We could extend that by unplugging TVs (there are 5 in the coach) as well a few other AC devices and estimate we could get 10 hours before the generator is needed. Our dealer, IWS, was more than outstanding. There were exceptional in all aspects. What was most appreciated was a single up front price that included everything on the spec sheet. No add-ons, no aftermarket insurance for tires, upholstery, and such. The coach was spotless when delivered and all systems worked perfectly. I would encourage everyone to look at IWS in there selection process.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #30

We just brought home our new (to us) 2006 Renegade on a Coronado Chassis. If it has a model name or number I haven't found it yet. We brought it back through the mountains of West Virginia. I can say without hesitation that it was an absolute pleasure to drive! The rig goes down the road like it is on rails and pulled all but the longest grades losing no more than 5mph (from 70).

Inside, no squeaks, no rattling cabinets, nothing. As is true with most older units, it has a very simple, clean layout with few frills. However, it is well thought out and practical with what appear to be quality fixtures and mechanicals throughout.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #31

They are nice.......many happy miles to you
Old 11-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #32

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #33

petrel,

What motor and trans do you have? What was you fuel mielage at 70?

Dan
Old 11-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #34

Series 60 Detroit 515hp. ZF Meritor 12 speed. 7mpg by the display. Haven't computed the actual economy.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:12 AM   #35

We are looking at possibly going to a Renegade. I'm curious as to the discounts from MSRP. I know Newmar discounts are in the 25-28% range and Entegra can be in the 33-38% range if you push hard. How about Renegade? Anything similar?
Old 08-20-2016, 05:21 AM   #36

I don't think specifics are "kosher" but it is certainly less than 25% based on the few Renegade dealers I have met in the recent weeks.

PS - I know an older thread but I was looking for the same info...
Old 08-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We are looking at possibly going to a Renegade. I'm curious as to the discounts from MSRP. I know Newmar discounts are in the 25-28% range and Entegra can be in the 33-38% range if you push hard. How about Renegade? Anything similar?
If you haven't already done so, you may wish to consider a previously owned Renegade. During our search and subsequent purchase, we learned just how well they are built. Many Renegades that are 10 yrs old (or more) present as nearly new, inside and out.

petrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 AM   #38

Which model Renegade

After much searching I think we have decided on the Renegade as our next RV. My husband likes being able to access the engines for maintenance. And we only want something 40'. The only thing we have not decided on is which model. I liked the Verona Bunk House model. We would convert at least one of the bunks into storage as we plan to spend quite a lot of time traveling. A salesman told us the 350 HP would not be sufficient to pull steep grades. I don't think this model comes in anything but the 350 HP diesels and to upgrade we need to go to the other models, such as Explorer. Thanks for any input that will help us select the right model for us.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:05 PM   #39

Karen333 which Renegade

I choice the Renegade Classic, 38ft, dd13 470hp with 1650 ft lb torque, allison 6 speed auto on a freightliner Cascadia 113 chassis. I tried the 350 hp/1000 ft/lb on the Verona, but preferred to have more hp and torque. Live in BC Can and mountain driving with steep grades main concern. Anxiously waiting it's arrival Jan 20 ish. Choose a solid paint, no swirls etc of metallic magnetic gray (ford mustang and f150 colour).
You can get this same set up in the freight liner m2 112 chassis as well. I went with the cascadia for better highway handling.
Good luck and cheers
Old 01-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #40

Norim. Thanks for your reply. The Classic with the Cascadia chassis is our first choice. However I am not sure if we can afford that option. Would you be willing to PM me the approximate cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norim View Post
I choice the Renegade Classic, 38ft, dd13 470hp with 1650 ft lb torque, allison 6 speed auto on a freightliner Cascadia 113 chassis. I tried the 350 hp/1000 ft/lb on the Verona, but preferred to have more hp and torque. Live in BC Can and mountain driving with steep grades main concern. Anxiously waiting it's arrival Jan 20 ish. Choose a solid paint, no swirls etc of metallic magnetic gray (ford mustang and f150 colour).
You can get this same set up in the freight liner m2 112 chassis as well. I went with the cascadia for better highway handling.
Good luck and cheers
Old 01-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #41

Karen,
You should talk with Abby at Eldorado Trailer Sales, Eldorado, WI. She will answer any questions you have without any pressure or heavy sales talk.
It is amazing how many Renegades they sell and the number of lightly used motorhomes they will have knowledge of from time to time. I think most never even make their web site. They sale and deliver Renegades throughout the US.
Good luck.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #42

Karen. We purchased a used Ikon on Cascadia. These will run hundreds of thousand miles and many hit the market very lightly used. A couple thousand dollars goes a long way in updating but most dont need it. You should buy the most horsepower you can afford even if a cheaper model. Again, most upgrades are easy except for floor heat. I just dont think the 350 is enough and defeats most of driving advantages the Renegade should deliver.
My musts were:
HP
Chassis

tetonhawk is offline   Reply With Quote