Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #15

Don’t mean to hijack, but I’m wondering about:

“. . . why do you want a level gauge in the wet bay? When the water tank overflows, it's full . . .“

Is this referring to the gray tank? Here, and in another post that I’ve not been able to (re)find, it sounded like the gray tank is allowed to overflow.

Other RVs I’ve owned don’t overflow; instead, they simply start backing up into the shower pan (ie, the low point). If the gray tank is allowed to overflow, where does the overflow go? If it dumps into the wet bay, is there a drain in the bottom of the wet bay? If not, wouldn’t the overflow make a terrible mess in the wet bay?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgettinby View Post
Don’t mean to hijack, but I’m wondering about:

“. . . why do you want a level gauge in the wet bay? When the water tank overflows, it's full . . .“

Is this referring to the gray tank? Here, and in another post that I’ve not been able to (re)find, it sounded like the gray tank is allowed to overflow.

Other RVs I’ve owned don’t overflow; instead, they simply start backing up into the shower pan (ie, the low point). If the gray tank is allowed to overflow, where does the overflow go? If it dumps into the wet bay, is there a drain in the bottom of the wet bay? If not, wouldn’t the overflow make a terrible mess in the wet bay?

The only tank with an overflow is the FRESH water tank. Black and grey overflow back into coach either the toilets or sink/shower drains.

Ask me how I know
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
The only tank with an overflow is the FRESH water tank. Black and grey overflow back into coach either the toilets or sink/shower drains.

Ask me how I know
Paul - not sure about ONLY the FRESH water tank having an overflow.

A very embarrassing experience recently happened to me... I was flushing my BLACK tank and forgot to turn off the water at the podium before leaving for a couple hours. As we re-entered the RV Park I could see a couple people around our coach. I thought how cool - they are admiring our coach. Nope, they were wondering where all the water was coming from flowing off the roof.

Well, it only took me a minute to realize I was over-filling the BLACK tank and it was over flowing out the roof vent!!

Fortunately, it did not back-up into either of our coach toilets. All I suffered was the embarrassment and clean-up of the coach sewer basement floor (some water managed to find it's way here). No damages to the tank or fittings, but very glad the vent functioned as an overflow for this tank and the tank had just been cleaned out.

I keep my phone on "Timer" now when playing around the onboard tanks.
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #18

I have no experience with either the Firefly or SeeLevel systems (I would like to put SeeLevel in my coach since it is pre- rv-bus ) but see that Firefly offers their TruTank monitor module which gives you readout in 5% increments...
Old 04-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAT View Post
Paul - not sure about ONLY the FRESH water tank having an overflow.

A very embarrassing experience recently happened to me... I was flushing my BLACK tank and forgot to turn off the water at the podium before leaving for a couple hours. As we re-entered the RV Park I could see a couple people around our coach. I thought how cool - they are admiring our coach. Nope, they were wondering where all the water was coming from flowing off the roof.

Well, it only took me a minute to realize I was over-filling the BLACK tank and it was over flowing out the roof vent!!

Fortunately, it did not back-up into either of our coach toilets. All I suffered was the embarrassment and clean-up of the coach sewer basement floor (some water managed to find it's way here). No damages to the tank or fittings, but very glad the vent functioned as an overflow for this tank and the tank had just been cleaned out.

I keep my phone on "Timer" now when playing around the onboard tanks.

I haven't overfilled "this" RVs tanks yet, but on coaches without the macerator toilet or vacuflush toilets, the plain ones that just drop straight down, will overflow into the RV.

I would have loved to see black water coming out the vent
Old 04-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #20

Quote:
I haven't overfilled "this" RVs tanks yet, but on coaches without the macerator toilet or vacuflush toilets, the plain ones that just drop straight down, will overflow into the RV.

I would have loved to see black water coming out the vent
You are correct Paul - fortunately our coaches have the macerator toilets. I am more than thankful for those toilets now.

So, you'll have to wipe the grin off your face - you wouldn't have seen any BLACK water coming down the sides of the coach - was as clear as the water going in and fortunately no order - probably cause I had just finished a very thorough series of dumps and consecutive rinses.

Wouldn't want to attempt this stunt with the GRAY tank - if it had a rinse - like it should.
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky69 View Post
I have no experience with either the Firefly or SeeLevel systems (I would like to put SeeLevel in my coach since it is pre- rv-bus ) but see that Firefly offers their TruTank monitor module which gives you readout in 5% increments...
I emailed Firefly this morning. You can't add TruTank sensors aftermarket. They must be installed during RV build.

So I think our options are SeeLevel and iSeries. Anyone know of any others?
Old 04-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #22

JCAT

I haven't overflowed these tanks YET, I have experienced that pleasure before on another rig. But, underneath this rig in the approximate locations of the holding tanks there are two 1 1/2" black PVC pipes that just hang down a bit. I assumed they were overflow pipes.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #23

I've overflowed the gray. It just leaked out some spot in the wet bay and made a small mess in the compartment.

Praying that I never overflow the black...
Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #24

Quote:
I bought it from RVupgrades.com and paid $182 with free shipping BUT, you need to call to place the order because you need to substitute one 16" (SS model) for one of the 12" standard sensors which is a $15 upcharge for the $182 total.

If you do call them please say hello to Ambur (She is the face of the company and will take the orders). When I first ordered from them I had some concerns about their being real. Had a bit of trouble on the order and they are a "stand up" company and I will use them for whatever I can now.
I'm getting ready to call RVupgrades... I have done business with them in the past and agree with you that they are a good company with usually better prices than most others...

I just want to clarify... You substituted "one" 16" for one of the 12s... I assume the 16" is for the fresh tank and the 12s are for the gray and black then.. Is this correct?

Thanks
Frank
Old 04-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #25

Frank - they are supposedly very close to releasing their next-generation see level sensors/module. Supposed to be a small touchscreen. Bluetooth coming back as well. You can buy the marine version with bluetooth right now, just not the RV version. I'm torn between buying the marine version now and waiting for the next-gen version.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Tamez View Post
I'm getting ready to call RVupgrades... I have done business with them in the past and agree with you that they are a good company with usually better prices than most others...

I just want to clarify... You substituted "one" 16" for one of the 12s... I assume the 16" is for the fresh tank and the 12s are for the gray and black then.. Is this correct?

Thanks
Frank
Frank, you are correct One (1) 16" for the fresh water tank and the remaining two (2) 12" standard are fine for the black and grey.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
Frank - they are supposedly very close to releasing their next-generation see level sensors/module. Supposed to be a small touchscreen. Bluetooth coming back as well. You can buy the marine version with bluetooth right now, just not the RV version. I'm torn between buying the marine version now and waiting for the next-gen version.
I went ahead and ordered 709-P3.. The standard system without the Propane level... My Explorer is all electric and Bluetooth is not a big deal to me.. I kinda like the simple stuff that has less chance of going haywire... I do, however, Appreciate your input.

Quote:
Frank, you are correct One (1) 16" for the fresh water tank and the remaining two (2) 12" standard are fine for the black and grey.
Thanks... I appreciate you being the crash test dummy. lol..... Do you remember which wires went where?
Old 04-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #28

Frank,

I'll try to remember to take some pix tomorrow. They changed colors on some which made it a bit more fun figuring out which to use, but really easy now

Tags
tank