Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2019, 02:17 PM   #1

Renegade Verona vs Verona LE

Good afternoon all,

Considering moving from a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution (has been a great coach, love the Cat engine).

Looking at Super C's and was a big fan of DynaMax pre FR.

Renegades have caught my attention as they seem to have a great rep. I don't really plan to tow anything more than my Jeep, so not sure I need that much towing capacity.

Having trouble seeing the difference in Verona vs the Verona LE.
Are the differences simply cosmetic?

All suggestions/opinions welcome.

Thank you.
CorvetteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #2

We too looked at a Verona vs the LE. We opted for the LE since many of the options we wanted are standard on the LE.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade RV View Post
We too looked at a Verona vs the LE. We opted for the LE since many of the options we wanted are standard on the LE.
Thank you RRV.

Ironically, one of the places we would drive it to is Carmel as my brother and his family live there.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #4

My info is dated.....I bought in 2017 but when I looked I opted for the Verona because.....wanted more counter space ( I got the BH for more counter space...wasn’t available floor plan in LE), more $ for LE, needed storage as we fulltime (BH again gave us the bunks to convert to storage), didn’t like the mid coach entry of the LE ( just my thing). The LE does have some nice standard features that I wanted but Renegade would not build into my Verona like the flooring. The armstrong plank in my Verona is crap. I think it really comes down to personal choice.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteGuy View Post
Thank you RRV.

Ironically, one of the places we would drive it to is Carmel as my brother and his family live there.
Small world.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:31 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi,
When we purchased our 2019 Verona LE late last year we chose an LE primarily for the following differences: 1. All Electric (no propane-using the aqua hot); 2. Three slides vs two-for more room; 3. The tile floor option for the bedroom.
chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipf2 View Post
Hi,
When we purchased our 2019 Verona LE late last year we chose an LE primarily for the following differences: 1. All Electric (no propane-using the aqua hot); 2. Three slides vs two-for more room; 3. The tile floor option for the bedroom.
Chip, thank you. Great info.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like Renegade RV had similar opinions. We have upgraded the mattress with a custom made from a local manufacture. I cannot understand why RV manufactures cannot put a decent mattress in an RV, especially those in this price range & higher. But they don't. So we did. LOL
Old 07-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #9

The All electric of the LE is what sold me. One less fire hazard to worry about.
Doug Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
The All electric of the LE is what sold me. One less fire hazard to worry about.

Yeah, I'm pretty much over the propane refrigerator. I'll miss the gas cooktop, though.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #11

I too would have preferred the LE to get tile floors, among other features, but I needed the bunk model and they don't offer that in the LE lineup. Model year 2020 does make it more difficult as the Verona is now all electric just as the LE. Smaller AquaHot (250D v. 450D), but all electric just the same. You can order it with a propane package, but that is optional. Just took delivery of my ordered 2020 Verona last month and am very impressed. Favorite feature so far is the AquaHot.
jalewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalewis View Post
I too would have preferred the LE to get tile floors, among other features, but I needed the bunk model and they don't offer that in the LE lineup. Model year 2020 does make it more difficult as the Verona is now all electric just as the LE. Smaller AquaHot (250D v. 450D), but all electric just the same. You can order it with a propane package, but that is optional. Just took delivery of my ordered 2020 Verona last month and am very impressed. Favorite feature so far is the AquaHot.
We have been using aqua hot (or the version-Oasis) since 2006 in our coaches. It is the best.
We thought we would miss the gas stove, but have adapted to the induction technology and really like it. Get good pans though, not cheap ones. They are worth it.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #13

chipf2- can you share what problems you've had and what routine maintenance on the system looks like?
Old 07-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
chipf2- can you share what problems you've had and what routine maintenance on the system looks like?
Islblues, I assume you mean the Aquahot. We have never had an issue with our Auquahot or Oasis systems. We routinely check the fluid amount and have had to add fluid. (Note-the fluid is a special type of antifreeze-propylene glycol. IT IS NOT THE "WINTERIZING" application antifreeze.)
I have purchased it online at about half the price at dealers.
Aquahot recommends an annual tuneup with a new fuel nozzle and fuel filter because it burn diesel.
Like any hot water tank, DO NOT RUN IT WITHOUT WATER. IT WILL BURN OUT. We do not have to winterize our unit, but if you have to, this is one of the items that require winterization.
Hope this helps. The unit is pretty low maintenance especially in view of what it replaces.
Safe travels.