Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
OME,

From what I an find you can only get SD with the Winegard G2, not HD on DirecTV. I am pretty sure that is correct. Having said that....how is the SD picture? I am looking at getting the TRAV'LER. It is around $1,400 plus installation. How much did DirecTV charge you for the additional receiver and for the additional service? We have 2 TV's so will need 2 receivers.

We have DirecTV at home and I like the service. The programming, vs.s DISH would be much cheaper to use the receivers we already have but I am somewhat concerned about getting a good look at the southern sky in some campgrounds. The portable option is always there but we don't have an abundance of storage space for a dome or dish. Plus setting them up can be a pain I understand. The automatic Winegard roof mounted dish seems to be the only choice if I want DirecTV HD. I may have to bite the bullet and spend the $$. Let me know you your impressions of your system once you have tried it for a few days.

Thanks,
Stan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #44

Hi Stan -

We finally have all the repairs complete and the new Winegard antenna works great in auto-finding local channels for us. The best part(other than free tv) is the antenna went over the same footprint as the SAT Antenna that was removed. Lower profile and looks really good. Mercedes has our sprinter for the day to install an upgraded suspension kit I purchased for the sway and rocking. SumoSprings forward and aft with Koni FSD rear shocks and last swap out the factory sway bar with one from Hellwig. This system worked great on our LTV Unity, especially with the toad. The rocking is more prevalent with the Renegade than with the Unity, bigger profile maybe? We are hitting the road for some fun in Arizona for just over a week soon, just to give it a proper shake down.

Happy travels -
Onemorexit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
OME,
Glad to hear you are just about back in one piece. You have had quite the adventure just getting ready to go!
I just installed a Winegard G2+ yesterday. Went quite smoothly except for the roof mount. I was told there was a "backer" board between the roof vents to accommodate satillite mounting. Well not all of the screws bit. I drilled a pilot hole and stuck a nail in the hole. Nothing but air. I did get a few to catch so I am a bit worried about retention.
Other than that it all works just fine. The only downside is the SD reception. No way to get HD with DIRECTV. There is not enough roof space for the Trav'ler antenna that is required for HD DIRECTV. We could get DISH HD but we already subscribe to DIRECTV.
We are heading out Monday for a week in GA. Have not really noticed any undue swaying etc. possibly because this is our first unit and have nothing to compare it with.
Hope you have a great week.
Stan and Janice
Old 05-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #46

Vienna update -

On the road now with our Rig, finally! Overall very happy with the product minus not having a Vienna specific manual to reference whilst troubleshooting or reading up on the systems. Developed a small leak from the backflush hose that connects to the black tank. The connection was loose so I backed out a couple of threads, added some silicon sealant and tightened. Hoping it doesn't continue to leak. Not that big a deal. A question came up about the on demand water heater operation. We found that when using the shower, turn on full hot, crack the cold and add or reduce to keep temp constant. Worked great for us, just fills your waste tank faster. "Navy" showers will not work with this unit for consistent temps. The online manual for the Furrion radio system outside it terrible and I still cannot connect Bluetooth, so frustrating. Upgraded suspension worked very well, especially when the big rigs blew by us. Someone asked about the rubber drain hose in the aft left wheel well area. Running the AC, its where the condensation drains from (Leisure Travel Van would just drain off the top of our last coach, so annoying) Would love to have a dimmer option for the interior lights. Auto level system works like a charm and coming from the Unity its a major upgrade from having to level yourself then extend the stabilizers.

That's it for now everyone.

Cheers!
Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #47

Hope to hear more Villagio/Vienna updates. I'm still a few years off from retirement, but this RV is in my top three picks if I opt to try the full-time RV thing when I quit.
Allentc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
We have completely enjoyed our Vienna. I believe the quality of construction and more importantly materials to be superior for the price. The LTV and Pleasure Ways are nice but more expensive. I don't believe they are worth the difference in $$. Winnebago is an inferior product when it comes to fit and finish, and materials used. They just seem to be "cheap." Forget the Forest River stuff unless you are purely shopping price. The Vienna hits a sweet spot on price, workmanship, and luxury. You won't go wrong.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #49

Hi. We are about to order a 2018 Renegade Vienna in the VQRS floorpan. We are current Tiffin owners and love the quality and service. Any suggestions on dealerships? How is Renegade on service after the sale? We are looking at ordering through Van City RV. Looks like they are selling for around $129,000 for the model with the diesel generator and four point leveling system. Any advice appreciated. Duane
jordanrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Duane
We bought ours at Fretz RV in PA. They were very good to work with. We live in NC so the purchase was the only contact with Fretz.
The Renegade service from the factory is great. They are very helpful and responsive. Dave Rogers is the service manager and I have been in. Intact with him on a few minor issues. He was great. We had an issue with USB ports and the radio not working properly. He told us to go to a local automotive stereo outlet for the repairs. He actually got on the phone with the shop and paid for the repairs with a Renegade credit card. It was only $249.00 but it was so simple and easy. I really appreciate that level of service.
We have had no other issues and are super satisfied with the quality of the product. The materials used and fit and finish are far superior to other brands we looked at.
We are very satisfied with our 2016 HAB.
We had a Truma AquaGo on demand hot water installed by Fretz prior to delivery and it works like a charm. No issues at all with fluctuations in temp and all of the hot water you can use.
Bought ours in 2016 with the Truma installed for 118k.
Very pleased so far.
Stan and Janice
Putter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanrvers View Post
Hi. We are about to order a 2018 Renegade Vienna in the VQRS floorpan. We are current Tiffin owners and love the quality and service. Any suggestions on dealerships? How is Renegade on service after the sale? We are looking at ordering through Van City RV. Looks like they are selling for around $129,000 for the model with the diesel generator and four point leveling system. Any advice appreciated. Duane
Hi Duane -

Agree 100% with Putter1. Our coach has run very well after some issues with the dealer. Not on Renegade. I am still waiting on a manual for our Coach, hopefully in PDF. You will love your Renegade!

Happy Travels!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #52

Thanks for the feedback. Found a dealer in Florida that might work out. Alliance Coach in Wildwood Florida.
jordanrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Seatbelt recall

Has anybody had the seatbelt recall done? I had it done. Several big metal plates bolted to the bottom of my HAB slide. Now it appears the the bottom of the slide is not retracting completely? Maybe an inch open at the bottom. Top is still tight I am going to try and adjust the position of the plates soon. Anybody have any experience
Thanks
Stan
Old 09-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #54

Hello all - time fly's!

No recall notice on the seatbelts for our 2016 Vienna HAB. I will certainly send an email with a ? on that though to the new guy at Renegade. Dave is gone. New guy responds fast to questions so far.

Coming up on 7 months, 4 trips, just finished a 2 week run last week cut short by the fires up in the PNW. Punch list is almost complete for off season (for me, still working) repairs.

-We have a 3500Lbs tow restriction - not sure why.
-Some Cabinet doors (solid maple) are warping - (Happened on our Leisure Van as well, not a biggie)
-4 point auto level on retract seems a bit loud
-Some exterior paint defects
-Initially on demand water heater seemed to work but now hot-cold control difficult. (2017 Vienna now has a digital temp control, really?)
-Window shades are not the greatest. Cant get them to pull below the window open/close knob, and they retract slowly. Would prefer blinds to them at this point.
-2017 Vienna interior TV cabinet is brilliant! Asked new guy at Renegade for Retro to mine, nothing back yet.

After our SAT debacle we opted for a Winegard HD TV OTA. Works great!

I was finally able to download a PDF of the systems but it looks to be more for the 2018 Vienna, still very helpful.

Question for anyone; pre departure refer cooling we plug in shore power, let cool overnight then on departure day load refer. Does the refer automatically transfer to coach batt or do you need to turn on inverter while driving?

Happy Travels!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #55

Water in storage bay

My 2015 unit has serious condensation in storage bay on passengers side. Has anybody else had this problem. I searched the bay and there are not any holes or leaks for water to get inside. Nothing was stored inside the bay. Just trying to find a solution for this problem. Any thoughts would be helpful.:
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:41 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Hennessy12,
I have noticed the exact same thing! Thought at first it was a leak around the seal. I tightened the door by moving the "U bolt" that engages the latch mechanism inward. The door is pretty tightly closed now and I still get the condensation. We put a few Damp Rid small buckets in the space to mitigate the moisture. Seems to help some. I can only assume the condensation is somehow related to the refrigerator which is just above the space?? I do not see a condensation tube for the fridge or the AC for that matter anywhere on the outside of the coach. The AC condensation tube MAY be located in the rear wheel well on the drivers side. However I do not find anything for the fridge. Could this possibly be the source for the condensation in the storage compartment??

Also...has anyone done the seatbelt recall fix? I have and now it appears the bottom of our slide does not close completely. The rubber touches st the bottom but the top is most definitely closed tighter than he bottom.
When extended the bottom of the slide is 1/8 inch OUT further than the top. When retracted it is a full inch OUT further. This seeems to have occurred after I had the recall completed.

Any help is appreciated.
Stan and Janice