Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2016, 02:17 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Renegade Vienna / Villagio Owners

Are there any Renegade Vienna / Villiago Owners out there? I know we are a relatively small group when compared to some of the other Class C manufactures but would like to hear from you and start a thread to bring the community together.
Putter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2016, 05:22 AM   #2

When we down size I will look hard at these.
Not sure why this thread was started in the class b section

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/rene...ts-200620.html
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #3

Renegade Villagio 2015 model

I've got one., purchased 12/2015. It took about 6 months back and forth with the dealer to get everything repaired, but I do like it. I have only been out for short trips and am still learning about it. I have only 1200 miles on it, and a third of that was to get repairs. So far my only complaint about design, though, is there is no gravity fill for the freshwater tank, only the inlet for city water. On my old RV, I used the gravity fill a lot, so I don't like not having one. I can use the hand pump sold for antifreeze, but- you know? why? I can't say how they compare to the other sprinter based class c's, but I like it, especially the bathroom.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:04 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Dear Mike,
I think you would like the Renegade. Of course beauty is in the eye....

On another note I believe I started this string in the correct spot. The top of the page displays

IVR2 FORUMS>Motorhome forums>Class C Motorhome discussions>Renegade Vienna/Villagio Owners

I see that you have WAY more posts than I do so I may (probably) am missing something. I want to make sure I have it in the right spot. The entire site is quite large and us Renegade owners are a tiny fraction of all owners so I don't want to make the needle in the haystack more difficulty to find. Please let me know if this is the correct spot for a thread pertaining to Class C's.
Thanks so much!!
Putter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

Picking up a 16 Renagade Vienna in early January. Look forward to following the various posts. Haven't RV's since 2002 so getting excited.
16Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:55 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
2016 Renegade

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours. Which floor plan did/are you getting? We have the HAB and really like the expansive bathroom. That was a huge selling point for us. Have only spent 6 nights in it so far but it is all we hoped for and more. Still working on getting all of the systems down pat. Basically the electrical system with the inverter/solar etc. Everything else is pretty simple and we are very happy with the quality of the product and the fit and finish. I believe it to be right up there with the LTV and Pleasure Way.

This is our first foray into the RV world and so far we are loving it. I hope your return to RVing is pleasurable.

I would like to get the forum going a bit so thanks for the post!
Old 12-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #7

Renegade Vienna Model

We are also getting the HAB model. The couch has been changed out and it has inflatable cushions. Time will tell what the comfort/convenience will be. We are planning a couple short trips to the local park on the Gulf to test it out and then a 5 nights of dry camping at Daytona.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:56 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Inflatable cushions sound interesting. We added some foam padding under the middle section of the couch/bed right where your hips hit when the bed is extended. It has made a nice difference and the be is quite comfortable. Do you have the 100W solar panel? I seem to be having some difficulty with the solar trickle charging the house battery. The inverter connections are somewhat difficult to get to and I am not entirely sure the solar is hooked up. It is definatlly NOT going straight to the batteries. The only connection besides normal looking battery cables is a temperature sensor that has the Magnum logo on it. It appears to have a telephone style cable going back to the inverter.
Obviously I am having a tough time figuring that out. Let me know if you have any insight.
Thanks and Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #9

We are picking up the Vienna on Wed. morning in Fort Myers. I have a lot to learn about all of the systems. More to come.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #10

2014 Villagio 25TBS

We've owned ours since last August, bought it used but with less than 1400 miles on it. We traveled all over the southwest last fall getting used to our first RV and have really enjoyed the king size bed like we have at home. The previous owners sold the Blue OX Aventa tow bar with the unit, so I spent part of the winter installing the base plate on the '17 Wrangler we bought for a toad. I also installed the Jeep OEM toad wiring harness for lights; that was a bit tricky but eventually got it working as expected. We just ordered a Blue Ox Patriot II braking system, I'll install that next week and we'll be ready for our first toad road trip.
The previous owners also had the Winegard RoadTrip Mission installed, but only for the front TV. I'm in the process of getting a Dish Wally working on it and considering adding a second for the bedroom TV which currently gets OTA/park cable only.
We've used the Villagio for both wet and dry camping with very few problems. The one upgrade we've done is to have CampingWorld install valve stem extensions on the rear duellys so I can check the tire pressure without having to lay under the vehicle and perform sleight of hand to get to the factory valve stems.
MtnBikerNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #11

HAB owner

Picked up our Villagio in November. Been on a few small trips since and have had a great time. We got the HAB and enjoy everything about it so far. Still exploring many items on the Villagio and getting ready to do a run to Texas. Getting about 16 mpg at this time. Had a few issues with it like brakes seem soft, interior work etc but all has been fixed by dealer. Looking forward to more talk on the Renegade models. My wife and I love ours.
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #12

16 Vienna

We had ours in the shop to get the oil changed, 7700 miles but over the one year mark and now can't get the ASSYST reset. Also had a trailer controller installed. We did a two nighter at a state campground last week and everything went great. Off to Daytona tomorrow for 4 nights of dry camping. Picked up a water pump and hooked a couple of washing machine hoses to it to add water. Seems to work OK! Kept loosing battery charge with solar panel charging and had it checked out. Just had to disconnect the house batteries while in storage.

Has anyone had a satellite installed on a sat ready unit? Camping world wants 4 hours labor! Planning on heading to the North West and then back across US to New England in late May.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putter1 View Post
Dear Mike,
I think you would like the Renegade. Of course beauty is in the eye....

On another note I believe I started this string in the correct spot. The top of the page displays

IVR2 FORUMS>Motorhome forums>Class C Motorhome discussions>Renegade Vienna/Villagio Owners

I see that you have WAY more posts than I do so I may (probably) am missing something. I want to make sure I have it in the right spot. The entire site is quite large and us Renegade owners are a tiny fraction of all owners so I don't want to make the needle in the haystack more difficulty to find. Please let me know if this is the correct spot for a thread pertaining to Class C's.
Thanks so much!!

I think the link I provided is the class B discussions
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #14

Recovering LTV

Hello fellow RVer's.
Wifey and I just swapped our 2016 LTV Murphey Bed for a 2016 Vienna VHAB. Picking it up on Tuesday. Pros and cons clearly with both and the answer to the question is yes the Renegade is up there with the LTV. To start off we wanted to know from the VHAB folks how the sofa bed comfort for sleeping is working out. We have the 'leveling' system so any input on that would be great. Also feedback good and bad on; on demand water heater, GPS usage (friendly or not - Mercedes sys terrible), side cameras helpful or not, rear camera (can it be viewed in motion), just the one solar (adequate?), inverting (TV, Fridge, outlets for charging, etc.) any issues, placement of Dish/DirecTV receiver and can you watch different channels inside and outside, and finally the Black and Grey heaters (how cold can you go before system is not effective).

Thanks to all who respond in advance!
Onemorexit is offline   Reply With Quote