Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #127

Sorry for all the posts, just getting caught up. I too had the AC mounts break. Got a kit for some new mounts and a new fan which broke when the mounts broke. In the kit was a hat section seat that holds the middle of the cover up when installed. If you dont have this, get one. Not much clearance without it. Don't know what caused the mounts to break, but it wasn't rough roads. Maybe cover flexed enough to hit the fan blade? I added a couple of extra pices of trim mount tape on top of the hat seat, extra clearance. So far so good, but me thinks the mounts are not up to the task. Anyone know the answer to this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:39 AM   #128

One last post, I promise. Anyone know how long the Def fluid tank should go without flushing?

Old 07-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #129

Villagio

When you say you like the couch slide/unit do you mean th murphy bed or pull out couch. I want to know if the pull out couch is comfortable enough.

Bill407walsh
Old 07-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #130

We have the H model, with a pull out bed. Mattress is not great, though it is usable. We added a 2 inch memory foam topper. You would need something as it is hard in places where the frame is. Been thinking about trying a pair of inflatable camping mattresses, less weight easier to handle. Been looking for some time for a sofa/bed of higher quality that could be swapped in. Would love one with a footrest built-in on each side and an inflatable mattress. They know this is the only bed, only chair, why not put something comfortable in?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #131

Anybody have trouble with there rear bed slid. Had trouble getting it back in and now it will not go out. The controller code says it is a Hall senor. Also does anyone know of a manual override if this happens again. I am taking it into the shop this week for that and also the awning will not go out. Also has anyone had the recall fix for there couch seat-belts?
Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #132

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbaker View Post
We're continuing the shake down of the new rig. Everything looks pretty good except for the following hopefully minor issues:
  1. Chassis battery is bad and won't hold charge. It doesn't seem to charge off of the generator (checked with a voltmeter) but it does seem as if there is a trickle charger at work if it's plugged into shore power (battery voltage veeeery slowly rises).
  2. Every 10 minutes the main LCD display in the dash beeps and displays "25d" with a wrench (actually 25d, then 26d, then 27d incrementing every day). I'm assuming that this means the rig thinks it's 25/26/27 days overdue for service.
  3. No way to connect house battery to chassis battery to handle the dead chassis batter Since the rig is brand new we didn't have jumper cables with us. Hello triple A (and thanks!) (and now we have jumper cables)
  4. No way to turn off the installed A/V center without disconnecting house battery (tried the hold-the-volume switch thing, only thing that happened was the volume changed ). Our old rig used to have a switch that allowed us to run the radio off of either the chassis or house, doesn't seem to be the case here. Acts like they have it connected to both (which would be kind of bad because that would tie the battery rails together through a rather small gauge wire unless they've got proper diode isolation in the circuitry).
  5. One screen was the wrong size and was just kind of jammed in place. Kind of funny actually, it clearly doesn't fit yet somebody obviously left it there and hoped it wouldn't be noticed?

All pretty minor stuff on something this complicated, and all easily addressed except for the 1 hour drive from my house to the dealer! And all of that aside, the rig drives excellently and we're looking forward to our first real outing.
wow, didn't take REV corp to let the quality drop down to the same standard as American Coach...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #133

Just found out that one of my rear slide motor is shot have to have a new one put in. Anybody run into this problem yet.