Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #99

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Not happy campers. Just completed a 7 week trip to the West Coast and back to PA. Air conditioner failed after a week (Coleman Airexcel). 2 of 3 mounts broke, so vibration is shutting compressor down as soon as it starts up. Paid mobile RV guy $120 for that diagnosis, AC is under warranty until October, but the warranty states that if the problem is caused by vibration (rough roads), the problem is not covered. $1800 out of pocket?

I'm not sure you could actually find a smooth road. I would challenge that warranty for sure because it is just stupid to put an AC on a vehicle and then state the warranty is voided if you drive it.

Alan Wilson

2001 HR Scepter 38 PBD
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #100

Anyone pulling a towed. Looking to down size in the future but would need to bring a vechile with us.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #101

We tow a Mini Cooper. Tows well on a dolly that weighs 800 lb. 15 mpg.
sssteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #102

Awesome one person towing a car
Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 AM   #103

One other thing I have not found. Is the exterior get coated fiberglass or Filon?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #104

Anyone found the location of a DC outlet in the kitchen area or in the back in the QRS.

I have a 2015 QRS and for the life of me I swore I read somewhere there was an outlet besides the one on the dash but I can't find it.

On another issue has anyone added a solar panel to their unit and if you did did you add an inverter.

Because I was having a lot of problems keeping the chasis battery up I installed a 30-watt Zamp solar panel to feed the chasis battery only (works great) but I am thinking about a 150 watt panel system and the inverter choices get a little bewildering.

Going solar because I do dry camp a bit and on this next trip (4 months on the road to the east coast) I will be hauling a EV Rider Xpress Mobility Scooter which I hope to keep charged up via the solar panel.

Jim Graves
15 QRS
Boulder, CO
JimGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #105

Water Fill Valve Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn_Mtn_Boy View Post
Water valve issue sounds strange. Only time water dumps on the ground from mine is when it is full. Valve turns easily enough, a little harder to turn if there is pressure on it from the hose.
Serious case of the dumbs. The Water Fill Valve was frozen. When I got back from my initial shakedown trip in March the Villagio was parked in my drive way for most of 6 weeks while I had a little health issue.

It was not a big storm so I didn't do anything about winterizing the unit and it was just cold enough on a couple of nights to freeze up some of my connections. Cost me about $250 to sort that one out.

Learned my lesson on that I am now attaching to outside short power from my outdoor outlets when it gets chilly (below 30 degrees).

No further problems except for losing one of those damn hubcap simulators to a pot hole! Got to figure out a better system for keeping them on.

Jim
15 QRS
Boulder, CO
Old 01-19-2017, 03:23 AM   #106

Usb charger warning

Anyone with a Villagio might want to watch out for this one.

On a recent trip I tried out my super duper Scosche USBC202M USB Car Charger (got it on Amazon for about $14) which sets flush in the cigarette lighter slot.

That works nice but the charger knocked out my dash computer. I couldn't start the vehicle and every warning light for every system on the dash lit up. I eventually got the RV started with call to a towing service and drove it back to Colorado to have Mercedes check for damage. They found no permanent damage.

That said in the process I learned there are two (2) DC outlets up front. The cigarette lighter one and down below that and set well back in another. If you are going to stick in a USB charger don't use the cigarette lighter one if you are on the road somewhere (I was in Kansas, at night and it was cold as hell) as it connects to your main computer. Mercedes told me the one under the dash would take more AMPs and was isolated on its own circuit breaker.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 AM   #107

Steps Will Not Retract

Got a small problem some of you may have come across.

My steps extend when I open the outside door; when I close it they do not retract.

If the key is in the ignition, the steps retract.

Some of the Winnebago products have a step shut off switch but I can not find one on my panel and no reference to one in the manual.

Anyone know if there is a step shut of switch and where it might be located? Maybe I shut it off accidentally.

If not any guesses on how to troubleshoot?
Old 01-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGraves View Post
Got a small problem some of you may have come across.

My steps extend when I open the outside door; when I close it they do not retract.

If the key is in the ignition, the steps retract.

Some of the Winnebago products have a step shut off switch but I can not find one on my panel and no reference to one in the manual.

Anyone know if there is a step shut of switch and where it might be located? Maybe I shut it off accidentally.

If not any guesses on how to troubleshoot?
There is a rocker type switch near the steps on right side, near the floor, that will retract the steps or allow them to remain extended when parked.
leber8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:24 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by leber8tr View Post
The HAB may be used with the slide partially extended.
I was told not to do this but never explained why. I have always extended mine as suggested. Let me know if you have any problems.
Hennessy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #110

New kid on the block (68) Wife and I just picked up a '15 HAB with 3100 miles on it.
Been looking for over a year and lucked out when someone traded 'er in to go bigger.
Have an initial question, can someone tell me how to shut up the Nav. lady?? We have
our phones and don't plan on using the supplied GPS. Thanks in advance!
trenchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #111

I have a 2015 Villagio rear bed I really like the size. We flat tow a Jeep wrangler and still get 15 mpg. I am not fond of the small tables for eating or cooking prep. I also ran a rope light over top of the driver & passengers seats to give me more light for reading at night. I also added an auto-leveling system. The wife really likes that!! Also I don't need 2 TV. I am Now looking for a different front and side window covers.
LazyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #112

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGraves View Post
Serious case of the dumbs. The Water Fill Valve was frozen. When I got back from my initial shakedown trip in March the Villagio was parked in my drive way for most of 6 weeks while I had a little health issue.

It was not a big storm so I didn't do anything about winterizing the unit and it was just cold enough on a couple of nights to freeze up some of my connections. Cost me about $250 to sort that one out.

Learned my lesson on that I am now attaching to outside short power from my outdoor outlets when it gets chilly (below 30 degrees).

No further problems except for losing one of those damn hubcap simulators to a pot hole! Got to figure out a better system for keeping them on.

Jim
15 QRS
Boulder, CO

I have simply added zip ties to have extra insurance to make sure I don't lose my hubcap simulators on our '08 View. (Sprinter chassis). Looped it between two holes. Black and only noticed if you look closely.