Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

Renting a SuperC

Anyone have suggestions on sources for renting a SuperC - as close to a Renegade Valencia style as possible - e.g. Dynamx or even a Seneca. Starting from within 500 miles of Salt Lake City.

My wife and I have never Rv'ed and we want to try it out a few times before committing to a new RV. We love to travel, especially National and State parks and look forward to crisscrossing North America with a full season (or more) in Alaska. But all our experience the past 30 years have been travel via hotels/motels... which frankly we're tired of (hate living out of a suitcase), believe a home on wheels will be much more comfortable

I'm finding some in RVShare. Just begun looking. I can't imagine life before google <smile>. Looking for a week or two trip in spring/summer.

Thought I'd ask the amazing brain trust here :-) Thanks in advance!
rheil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Check Arizona RV Rentals - Owner's Rental of Phoenix Inc - Glendale, Arizona for more.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:15 PM   #3

SuperC rental

Perfect, thanks.

This might work... ideally want something a little closer to SLC but we could make it work. I've found several Senecas on RVShare as well. Very much appreciate the help.

I'm hoping to take/use our Cherokee as a tow as well to experience parking the rig for a few days, exploring with the car every day, moving to another location, rinse repeat... that's the high-level lifestyle plan we think we'll be doing (though not moving that often IRL).
Old 02-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #4

If you can't find a Super C to rent. Try to separate the two things. Camping or RVing, and operating the RV of your choice.

If necessary, rent anything comparable to get the camping experience. Then test drive a super C to get the feel for one.

We rented a c-class, then owned two travel trailers, before buying a super C. We were set on camping, we just needed to overcome the issues with the other methods of transport and accommodations.

I hated being drafted by semi-trucks, and having no power in the mountains. I also wanted something easy to service and easy to find service for.

The DW wanted the accommodations of an A-Class in something that drove like our Ford Excursion or F-350 to lessen the learning curve.

To make a long story short, take for granted that you will like the super-C. Make sure you will like camping, and the rest will fall into place.

Enjoy the ride!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
If you can't find a Super C to rent. Try to separate the two things. Camping or RVing, and operating the RV of your choice.

If necessary, rent anything comparable to get the camping experience. Then test drive a super C to get the feel for one.

We rented a c-class, then owned two travel trailers, before buying a super C. We were set on camping, we just needed to overcome the issues with the other methods of transport and accommodations.

I hated being drafted by semi-trucks, and having no power in the mountains. I also wanted something easy to service and easy to find service for.

The DW wanted the accommodations of an A-Class in something that drove like our Ford Excursion or F-350 to lessen the learning curve.

To make a long story short, take for granted that you will like the super-C. Make sure you will like camping, and the rest will fall into place.

Enjoy the ride!

Brilliant comment and spot on. Well said.

For us, we love to travel (i.e. driving) and we love exploring & experiencing new areas, things, experiences.

We've not camped mainly, I think because we are not 'still' people. We don't sit still and like to keep moving, seeing, doing. Must be why I can't fish.

So going to a place, be it a nice hotel or RV park is not our thing... we are quickly out the front doors and into the city/park whatever...
So my hunch is for us the camping/rv park/boondock part will be a means to an end - to get out closer and into the places, we love and can do things. It's a place for meals, sleep, wash, clothes/dress, etc so want it nice. I sense as well for the reasons all have said we'll love the SuperC over A.

Thanks for separating the notions... indeed I think will find joy in the camping part as well but the primary motivation at the moment is having a comfortable place to stay very convenient to all the places we want to experience (especially Alaska, across Canada over to Nova Scotia and of course rest of US.)

I'm getting quite excited!