RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Chevy454 View Post
Sorry late for replying. No heat or clearance issues. Can be a little louder exhaust noise if window is down and giving full throttle. But the main engine exhaust is on pass side does make black smoke stains long the side at the top. I actually want to put the exhaust down under the floor with exit probably before the rear tires. Issue is the basement storage boxes and figuring out where to exit.

Could also just extend it up higher, that would solve my staining problem. Need to decide what I want to do.

Driver's side looks the same, but is just the generator exhaust so it does not have the staining issue as engine exhaust does.
Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of having the generator up front with an overhead exhaust, rather than directly under the main bedroom with a low exhaust (like mine).

I think those exhausts would look pretty nifty if they were taller and turned back, but I'm sort of a truck geek anyway.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
I might literally be willing to trade a kidney for this:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...106-5007227680
That is a neat looking rig. I'd sure like to hear from someone who has one or something similar, and takes it off road. It looks like it may have just enough ground clearance and traction to get you into a real jam, if you aren't very careful.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #17

Showhauler feedback August, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
Anyone with a Showhauler motor coach?
Purchased a new 2018 45 foot Showhauler a couple weeks ago. Very, very high quality coach. Drives great, looks great and the best part is service. Bought it from a dealer in Michigan. Found out we had a rear air conditioning issue. Drove it to Showhauler where the President of Showhauler, Chad had a crew standing by to replace it. 25 mins later the a/c unit was replaced. Chad gave us a tour of the facility and then took the extra step to road test our new rig and explain many of the features of the chassis, transmission etc. He welcomed us to the Showhauler family and told me to call him if we have any additional issues and/or questions. A super nice guy and a positive experience compared to the very terrible service experience we had from Jayco on our 2018 Jayco Seneca. The Showhauler team made RVing fun again! Thank you Chad!!
Earthart98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #18

Thanks for the review.

I'm considering working with Showhauler for an interior renovation in the not too distant future. Preliminary conversations with them indicate that they can be very good to work with.