Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Showhauler winterizing question

I'll apologize in advance for the newb question, but since I actually am a newb I'll go ahead and ask it: We have a 2012 Showhauler and are going to have lows in the upper 20s/lower 30s over the next week, but I'm hesitant to "winterize" because we used it last weekend and will be using it again in two weeks for a trip to Texas. Should I be concerned about it? Also, is winterizing a t/c is any different from a typical Class A or C?

Thanks for your help,

agreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
It's all the same style water system you have all the components as the rest of the units in the 30's you could run the heater to knock the chill off.

Mark Anderson - Nebo NC - western NC - RV Restoration tech - 9 Doggies - Outdoors person
1990 33ft Wilderness Cimarron 33X
nightriderrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Winterizing would be the same as any rv. Dump tanks, empty water heater and turn on by pass, open the low point valve and drain, blow out lines and pump rv anti freeze.

If it was me and temps were going to drop into the 20's yet I wanted to use the rig again in two weeks I would, dump the black and gray tanks, and just heat the inside of the coach to about 60 degrees. I would open the doors under the sinks to let air flow and open the shower door. If need be use an electric heater inside to cover most of the heat and run a small fan to move the air thru the coach. I assume your fresh water tank is under the bed. One more thing you may want to do consider is closing what ever you have (shade or doors) that close off the cab area from the coach area to keep most of the heat where it is needed.
All I can think of right now
Renegade Garage Unit
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
I use my coach in the winter and head to Florida in January. I just got back from a family trip at Thanksgiving and the temps got into the mid 20's at night. No problem at all with the coach while we are staying in it because my plumbing and tank bays are heated. I put in a 70 watt bulb in the dump tank bay just to be safe. Once we get home, I just blow out the lines (takes about 10 minutes) and plug in leaving the heat at about 55 degrees. Of course I dumped the tanks after the last use.

My coach has an air chuck and I made a simple device with a pressure regulator and an old garden hose that I keep in the bay...when I get home, I hook it up to the fresh water hose set the pressure at 40-60 psi and blow out all the lines. I dump about 1 gallon of anti freeze in all the traps and toilet and open the black and grey tank valves so the antifreeze will go in to the macerator so it doesn't freeze up.

We are using our coach again around Christmas for a few days and then back in the pole barn till we leave for Florida in January.
Jim, MJ & Spirit Bear
2005 Prevost Royale, XLII
Jeep Wrangler Sahara...toad
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote