Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:40 AM   #1

We are doing a truck conversion on 1997 Freightliner Classic with condo sleeper. We've stretched the framed and built the box, insulated and furred out the interior, and we're wiring now. But my question is about the sleeper. We've made a walk thru from the sleeper to the living quarters. I've gutted the sleeper and found the bins are some type of fiberglass and plastic in the condo. They look really bad and so does the upholestry on the walls. Does anyone know if these bins can be painted? I tried to remove them, but they are made into the outside walls of the sleeper. We threw the bed out and are going to but benches for the kids on either side.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2007, 05:40 AM   #2

We are doing a truck conversion on 1997 Freightliner Classic with condo sleeper. We've stretched the framed and built the box, insulated and furred out the interior, and we're wiring now. But my question is about the sleeper. We've made a walk thru from the sleeper to the living quarters. I've gutted the sleeper and found the bins are some type of fiberglass and plastic in the condo. They look really bad and so does the upholestry on the walls. Does anyone know if these bins can be painted? I tried to remove them, but they are made into the outside walls of the sleeper. We threw the bed out and are going to but benches for the kids on either side.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #3

I converted the sleeper of our 2001 Century class Condo. We removed all of the bins and the wall coverings. I mounted 2 fold down sofas and had some cabinets made and I installed an a/c heat unit under one of the couches. I plumbed the a/c up to the existing vents in the sleeper at the top of each side and one down thru the front base behind the passenger seat. We had the old material that was on the walls recovered to match the rest of the unit. We found that we needed the extra a/c and heat for the sleeper section while parked. I insulated all of it but there was no real air flow from the camper area.
aome pictures are at the following website :Wick's conversion

Wick