Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2019, 08:22 AM   #29

Only complaint I have with my Sunpro is the installation. Other than that it is excellent.
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #30

I called SunPro to order a cover and the lady said that they have not done a 2019 M2. And she is wondering if there are any changes from 2017 to 2109. Freightliner will not give them a definate answer. SunPro is in Montana and can't find anything to go look at. She is pretty sure that I would be OK to order one but can't guarantee it until she finds out.

Are there changes that would make a 2017 or 2018 pattern not work?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #31

I have received my SunPro cover. Would someone please give me a detailed walk through on how to put it on?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #32

I too would like to hear from others. I throw mine across hood, fit under wipers, loosely Velcro onto both mirrors, hook stretch strap in corner of cover on both doors, then I go inside put window down open door slightly and hook pocket of cover on door corners from inside, once that is done both sides I adjust cover under wipers and around mirrors. Would love to hear of a better way that is my only complaint with this cover. Still cool in the NE am hoping when it gets warmer it goes easier.

Tom C
Old 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #33

I pulled the windshield wipers forward to get them out of the way. Then I tossed one end of the cover across the windshield and loosely fit the side I was standing on by looping the upper pocket on the order of the door and arranging the magnets. Then I walked to the other side, opened the door and looped the pocket over the upper corner of the door, closed the door and arranged the magnets to get a nice even fit then I dropped the wipers back in place, called it a day and opened a beer.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:23 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade RV View Post
I pulled the windshield wipers forward to get them out of the way. Then I tossed one end of the cover across the windshield and loosely fit the side I was standing on by looping the upper pocket on the order of the door and arranging the magnets. Then I walked to the other side, opened the door and looped the pocket over the upper corner of the door, closed the door and arranged the magnets to get a nice even fit then I dropped the wipers back in place, called it a day and opened a beer.
Thanks. I don't remember them mentioning any magnets when I ordered it over the phone. They said that it fit over the door corners. Where do the magnets enter in? Maybe when I unroll it there will be instructions???
Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonLC View Post
Thanks. I don't remember them mentioning any magnets when I ordered it over the phone. They said that it fit over the door corners. Where do the magnets enter in? Maybe when I unroll it there will be instructions???
Mine has magnets sent in along the lower edge that secures the cover to the body of the coach. I assume yours will be the same.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #36

Quote:
Mine has magnets sent in along the lower edge that secures the cover to the body of the coach. I assume yours will be the same.
Ah ha! I was under the impression that the entire cab was aluminum. Maybe the doors are steel.

When I installed my CB there were lots of warnings about performance on aluminum cabs.

But, What do I know??
Old 05-13-2019, 07:11 AM   #37

Quote:
Dave
How far do you open the door? I can only open door a couple inches and have to work from inside through window to slip cover pocket over door corner. My cover is real tight to put on, fits perfect once on, but those extra few inches to pull pocket over door corner is a stretch.

Tom C
Old 05-13-2019, 07:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by twc88 View Post
Dave
How far do you open the door? I can only open door a couple inches and have to work from inside through window to slip cover pocket over door corner. My cover is real tight to put on, fits perfect once on, but those extra few inches to pull pocket over door corner is a stretch.

Tom C
It was a few weeks ago when I put it on but I think I opened the door about 5-6 inches. Then the cover pulled tight when I closed the door.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #39

So do you use the cab curtain at night for privacy, or just don't care? I like the idea of being able to see out, but do want privacy at night. You can pretty easily see right through them at night.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
So do you use the cab curtain at night for privacy, or just don't care? I like the idea of being able to see out, but do want privacy at night. You can pretty easily see right through them at night.
Yep. Pull it closed for privacy at night and then open it up in the morning to let in natural light. Makes the coach feel bigger and roomier.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #41
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by twc88 View Post
Dave
Tom C
I used a small ladder when I attached the door pockets... Much easier for me to do the doors from the OUTSIDE.
I also recommend getting the wipers up out of the way... I opened the motor box and stood on the tire on both sides to pull the cover across, but hey... I'm 5'6" and don't have as long arms as some of you.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslblues View Post
Yup I too pull curtains at night open during the day for light and view as well as making inside bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
I used a small ladder when I attached the door pockets... Much easier for me to do the doors from the OUTSIDE.
I also recommend getting the wipers up out of the way... I opened the motor box and stood on the tire on both sides to pull the cover across, but hey... I'm 5'6" and don't have as long arms as some of you.
Thought of the ladder thing, but I don't carry a step ladder only a telescoping one. To much work to set it up to install cover, it works installing from inside though window I just always feel like I'm going to rip it. I too open the nose to get wipers set and final adjustment.

Tom C

Tags
cover, windshield