Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

Sunpro Windshield Cover

Does anyone have experience with the Freightliner M2 Suntex 90% windshield cover? I'm not crazy about the curtains in the front of my Verona LE and I'm researching options to provide some privacy but also block the sun's rays on hot days. I would prefer to avoid products which would require drilling into my coach for installation. Any experience with this product or others would be welcome!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #2

SunPro windshield cover

We have the SunPro windshield cover on a Valencia and love it. Goes on in 5 minutes, held on by magnets on door and fits perfect.
Boulderkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #3

Do you use it instead of the curtains or with the curtains? I'm trying to figure out a solution that will minimize the number of free peep shows I provide the rest of the RV park.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:23 PM   #4

We use the curtains at night, as you can see in through the SunPro with the lights on in the coach. Otherwise during the day it blocks the sun and you can’t see inside.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #5

SunPro in Arizona

We just received the SunPro M2 windshield cover for our Renegade Verona LE and so far I'm pleased with it. The cover went on easy and seems to be sturdy. I called the Arizona location to order it and spoke to Linda. She was very friendly and provided great customer service. You can see out of the windshield during the day, but no one can see in. Unfortunately, you will have to use the curtains at night because the inside of the motorhome will be visible when the lights are turned on.
tamufan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #6

I have used Magnashades on my last few coaches and love them. No drilling held up by very strong magnets on the windshield. You can get in different colors, patterns, etc. they block 90% of the sun but at night you can see thru them from the outside. I all so have insulated panels that go up on the inside that help in the cool New England fall weather. They block 100% of everything. Got them for the M2 thru Raney’s Truck supply on the web.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #7

I also have the Magne Shades and had them on our Class "A", as well. Very satisfied with them, but as stated - they do not provide privacy at night. A great product with support that defines "Customer Service".
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #8

I bought sunshield covers for mine. Love them and were less than $100.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #9

Any pics of these sunpro covers in other color than black. I’m thinking of beige on a cashmere coach. But if it’s not right it will look dumb and would be better with black.

Tom
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:57 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Watching this thread closely.... We winter in Fort Myers and our coach sits facing a lake, so the night-time privacy isn't such an issue. I do know that the slide around curtains are a PITA and as such we don't even use them.
Having said that, the front of the coach (cab area) heating during the day does make the front AC work harder than it should....

Ok, so now that I've played Captain Obvious, how difficult is the Magna Shade to adapt to the M2 platform? Having owned several Class A's, I'm familiar with how the magnets are installed on a traditional flat RV windshield, I just wonder how this would work on an M2 windshield.

**EDIT**

Just found this on the web.... $200
I'm going to try this and I'll post a review once I receive it.

https://sunpromfg.net/freightliner-m...shield-covers/
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #11

Jayco Owners Club
MagneShades are custom made to fit the platform. I had them on my M2-106 and they fit perfectly. Comes in 3 pieces - windshield and 2 side windows. Bought in 2105 and since transferred the same to my S2 platform Valencia...same as M2.
Do NOT let the inside magnets stick to each other. They are almost impossible to pull apart.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #12

How difficult are the Magnashades to store? I was about ready to order the Sunpro shade but actually thought the Magnshades would be more effective but the downside is they would be cumbersome to store.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:39 AM   #13

SunPro cover

I like the SunPro cover because nothing has to be attached to the windshield, or the rig. Takes a couple minutes to put on and folds up into a nice carring case that’s easy to store. It’s about 10” wide and 4’ long when it’s folded. Also the company will send you free samples of the different colors if you contact them.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade RV View Post
How difficult are the Magnashades to store? I was about ready to order the Sunpro shade but actually thought the Magnshades would be more effective but the downside is they would be cumbersome to store.
I ordered a set of Magne Shades for our LE M2 106 a few months ago. They are available in various colors and the border color can also be selected. They store easily in the bag and using the wand that Magne Shade provided, they install in minutes. The shades perform well minimizing the heat from sunlight.

I had a set of Magne shades for our Newmar coach and they were not much fun storing because of the magnets attaching to one another when stuffing the large shades into the storage bag. The M2 shades are easy by any comparison.

When first installing the magnets inside the coach, one of them slipped slightly and ended up 1/2" lower than desired. I emailed Magne Shade and they immediately sent me a replacement magnet even though you can detach and re-attach with some effort.

I found the windshield shade to be about 1" longer on top and bottom than the widow and they were very interested in the exact dimension so, I sent the adjusted dimension and photos to them. They offered to re-make our windshield shade but, I declined b/c 1" becomes a 1/2" on either side and is hardly noticeable. High quality product backed by "true" customer service.
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, windshield