Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Truck conversion chapter or club

My name is Carsten and I own a Chariot truck conversion. I have previously owned class As and a class C and have always found a club or chapter to belong to with a similar make or class. Since I have bought my conversion back in December I have noticed there no no such thing for truck conversions.

I know it is unlikely that any one manufacturer or self builders have enough owners to form a club or chapter. So I was wondering if there would be any interest in forming one that would be open to all truck conversions no matter what brand or self made.

I am thinking of maybe a FMCA chapter because then we could have get together at FMCA sponsored rallies. We could have a happy hour or go out to dinners or such and talk truck conversions.

I am just putting the idea out to see if there would be any interest in such a thing.

All suggestions and ideas welcome.

Carsten Wiemken

Sandmancw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #2

I share your pain, Carsten. We are certainly a small group. At least in camper circles. I would join the club. There is a group of people that are close to us as far as campers goes. The HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) group over at Escapees. Most of them use semi tractors to pull their 5th wheel trailers. They have a rally every October in Hutchinson, Kansas. www.hdtrally.com I went last year and am going again this year. They are a great bunch of people and you will have a great time if you come there. And they are enlightened (as we are) to the benefits of using a huge extremely powerful camper. They are very welcoming to all people in all types of campers (and last year there was even a couple in a tent and there will be tenters this year). Rather than trying to get people to group together on our own let's just add to the hdt group and we can all enjoy each others company and campers.

I went to the FMCA national convention when they were in St. Paul a couple years ago. I actually just drove over there since they were at the state fairgrounds about 5 miles from my house. There was only one truck conversion, a very nice Kingsley Coach. I never found the owner to say hi to though. I'm sure the other campers were nice to the t/c though.

I'm not sure why there aren't more t/c's in the campgrounds. All things considered I don't think they are more expensive.

I looked at a Chariot when I was hunting for my t/c. Wow, very very high quality. The one I looked at was a garage coach and out of my price range so that's why I didn't buy it. Here it is if anybody else is interested: Coronado 2008 Chariot Dominator for Sale with 10? Garage

Come to Hutchinson, we'll have a great time.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #3

I never seem to have time for fun with the dog show thing........
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM   #4

Yes Bob, that is a big "G" and not a "V"
Old 10-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
Yes Bob, that is a big "G" and not a "V"
Huh?

Ed, I'm bringing Buck to Hutchinson. There are several other dogs going to be there. Bring some of your dogs and we'll have a dog show.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #6

I decided to copy and paste this from another forum I saw you post in:

I share your pain, Carsten. We are certainly a small group. At least in camper circles. I would join the club. There is a group of people that are close to us as far as campers goes. The HDT (Heavy Duty Truck) group over at Escapees. Most of them use semi tractors to pull their 5th wheel trailers. They have a rally every October in Hutchinson, Kansas. www.hdtrally.com I went last year and am going again this year. They are a great bunch of people and you will have a great time if you come there. And they are enlightened (as we are) to the benefits of using a huge extremely powerful camper. They are very welcoming to all people in all types of campers (and last year there was even a couple in a tent and there will be tenters this year). Rather than trying to get people to group together on our own let's just add to the hdt group and we can all enjoy each others company and campers.

I went to the FMCA national convention when they were in St. Paul a couple years ago. I actually just drove over there since they were at the state fairgrounds about 5 miles from my house. There was only one truck conversion, a very nice Kingsley Coach. I never found the owner to say hi to though. I'm sure the other campers were nice to the t/c though.

I'm not sure why there aren't more t/c's in the campgrounds. All things considered I don't think they are more expensive.

I looked at a Chariot when I was hunting for my t/c. Wow, very very high quality. The one I looked at was a garage coach and out of my price range so that's why I didn't buy it. Here it is if anybody else is interested: Coronado 2008 Chariot Dominator for Sale with 10? Garage

Come to Hutchinson, we'll have a great time.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #7

I think the issue with TC's is they are work issued. Ok, I used mine for dog shows, others use theres for bike racing or what ever. Very few use for just camping or fulling except or Bob, hehe, You know I like you Bob!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #8

Oh no, Ed. I spend about the same amount of time at the race track with the enclosed trailer and Vette, as I do at a campground. I fully believe the truck conversion is the best platform for me for camping, even if I didn't pull a trailer.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #9

Carsten,

So, how do you like your t/c campared to your Monaco you had???
Old 10-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #10

2010 Haulmark

We fulltime in our 2010 45' Haulmark TC & love it. We have always been 5th wheel people (and still love them) but this works better for us at this time. Unfortunately, we'll be in the west during the HDT gathering this year but will keep it in mind for future use and always look at this forum for useful (and no so useful) information.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #11

goldenlover,

gotta be nice to have a 45 ft of living space unlike me with the garage on back. We have two slides and I looked at a four slide with a garage and I want but the time isnt right. I still like ours for what we use it for but if I was to full time the four slides would be parked in my drive way.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #12

A chapter sounds like a great idea, count me in, we get lonely on our little forum TRUCKCONVERSION.NET. I really want to have more people to bounce ideas and problems off of. FYI, this year at the Hershey RV show I spent some time with the Renegade Gang, they implied that they are going to be focusing hard on the RV Market, the race thing has carried them for many years, but the time has come to branch out to the RV crowd, I hope they are successful, it's so nice (and rare) passing another TC on the road, Gene
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #13

That's good news, Gene. I've always wondered why more people don't consider a t/c for their camper platforms. I guess there are drawbacks to them. It's sure nice there are so many choices so everybody can get what they want. Me, I love the power, safety, ease of repair, economy, quality. Oh never mind. I'm sure looking forward to getting it on the road this Saturday heading to the rally in Hutchinson.