Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #43
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Very nice!

How did the inside wiring go?
Not a wire to be seen.... They came down through the roof inside the corner of the large closet and down behind the drawer unit until they were parallel with the glass door cabinet, then through that cabinet wall.

I'm just back at the house and the coach is at my daughter's, so I'll take some inside pics in the next few days...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #44
Administrator Emeritus

Forgot to mention that on the way home tonight, I had a check engine light come on... I opened the hood and checked the oil with the dipstick and visually checked the coolant level and the serpentine, so I guess tomorrow I'll go back over there and see if I can get a fault code.

It was getting dark tonight and I'd been out and about since before 8 a.m. so I came on home...

I know there's a youtube video on how to get the fault codes to show...
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #45

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Concerning the Eagle dish can you post the installers name etc. I sent e mail to the listed company in NC and it came back.
Been traveling and did not have time to call the phone numbers.
What Sat system did you use, Dish or Direct

Thanks
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #46
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by depchief View Post
Concerning the Eagle dish can you post the installers name etc. I sent e mail to the listed company in NC and it came back.
Been traveling and did not have time to call the phone numbers.
What Sat system did you use, Dish or Direct

Thanks
Chief, I went with DirecTV.... I have a Genie DVR with two genie minis. I also have a cellular router as well, but my experiences might be a little over the top. LOL!!

Bud Burton owns Mobil Satellite Technologies here locally in Chesapeake, VA and his contact information is:

Bud Burton dmburton@mobilsat.com
Office: 757 312-8300 x302
Cell 757 635-2206

Mention that you've been chatting with his friend Bob on iRV2...
Also, understand he's a bit crazy right now, as when I was there they were getting ready to ship a bunch of satellite stuff to Puerto Rico and had already been sending stuff to TX and FL.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 AM   #47
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Forgot to mention that on the way home tonight, I had a check engine light come on... I opened the hood and checked the oil with the dipstick and visually checked the coolant level and the serpentine, so I guess tomorrow I'll go back over there and see if I can get a fault code.

It was getting dark tonight and I'd been out and about since before 8 a.m. so I came on home...

I know there's a youtube video on how to get the fault codes to show...
Forgot to post an update to the "check engine" light fiasco....

I guess I'd never noticed it before, since I've been driving in pretty bright conditions but after checking the manual I've determined the "light" that I saw to be the "engine brake activation" light.

Guess men do have to read the directions from time to time.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #48

Quote:
Forgot to post an update to the "check engine" light fiasco....

I've determined the "light" that I saw to be the "engine brake activation" light.

there is also a light just above that one for the cruise control switch being turned on.
The symbols just look like @ with () around them... but that's what they are
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #49
Administrator Emeritus

I received an email today from Kyle at North Trail, letting us know that our theater seating unit has arrived.... Not sure anyone here has any interest, but if you can get the couch from North Trail, it's yours.... We've essentially been told that there's no market for them. I'd assume it's heavy, as it's the flip sleeper.

Looks like we'll head to Florida the first part of November and have it installed, then I'm planning on leaving the coach in Florida for the season.

We'll come back to Virginia to spend the holidays with the grand guys, then back to Florida for the bulk of the season.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:27 AM   #50

Please post some photos of the theater seating, once it is installed.

Us winterized folk in VA will be thinking about you guys retreating to the sunny South! Enjoy.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:52 AM   #51
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Frank, get with the program.... I just ordered this smittybilt roof rack for the toad.

Old 11-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #52
Administrator Emeritus

Here are a couple pics of my roof rack install today.... Come on Frank!! Ya gotta get one. LOL!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 06:49 PM   #53
Administrator Emeritus

Forgot to take pics, but I opened the box on the Garmin 770 that I ordered and got it set up and situated on the dash.It came with a heavy bean bag type dash mount, which utilizes the windshield mount out of the Garmin box... Pretty easy step by step setup, chose RV and was able to input height, weight and overall length into the settings....I set up the "home" address as where I keep the coach and I didn't mess with the "avoid roads" for now...I'm not real happy with the "dangling power cord" and I'll end up doing something to clean that up, but time was getting short this afternoon and I had dogs waiting to be fed at home.

I've also just been using the Force 5 console without the wiring harness or the Scan Gauge, but thanks to a tip about a local RV mechanic, I'll be taking the coach out to him on Wednesday for him to install the wiring harness for the console. I called Force 5 and asked him about whether or not I needed to secure the console to the dash and the guy laughed.... Said he'd not heard of one ever moving.... I left it at that.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #54
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Tip on the Garmin bean bag: slightly wet the suction cup on the windshield mount & then be sure you smack that windshield mount down on the plastic center on the bean bag before you engage the suction cup latch. The suction cup tends to let go from the weight of the display at the most inopportune time if you don't (ask me how I know! ).

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #55
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Tip on the Garmin bean bag: slightly wet the suction cup on the windshield mount & then be sure you smack that windshield mount down on the plastic center on the bean bag before you engage the suction cup latch. The suction cup tends to let go from the weight of the display at the most inopportune time if you don't (ask me how I know! ).

Lori-
Thanks Lori!!
Old 11-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #56

Quote:
Here are a couple pics of my roof rack install today.... Come on Frank!! Ya gotta get one. LOL!!!

It looks awesome. May just have to get one.