Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragoodsp View Post
Interesting dilemma with the sewer hose outlet, on the Verona they ran the 3" pipe thru the bulkhead floor so you put the 90' elbow on below the floor. Makes life easy but I have actually just barely rubbed the ground with the fitting once going over a weird grade where the longer wheelbase made the center of the coach very low.
Bob, if you have the 450D Aqua Hot, the electric element is not going to provide a lot of hot water. For a Navy shower it will do but if you prefer a nice full shower, you need to run the burner.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2017, 12:13 PM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Ok I have a question... prob for Verona folks with AquaHot like I have...

Do you find that the "electric" alone gives you ample hot water in a campground scenario, or do you/ I need to keep the "gas" turned on as well?

I vaguely remember it being covered in the PDI, but I don't remember the answer.

Thanks!!!
Bob, I answered your Aqua Hot question but I goofed and attached to the wrong thread.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #87

Quote:
I remembered something else from my time at North Trail....

My service writer John told me about a new Renegade delivery they had just done, where the coach owner requested that they install a switch on the dash that dumps the rear air bags when the coach is parked....

His thinking was that, by dumping the rear air bags it allows the rear end to drop lower, which then prevents the rear jacks from overextending when the coach is leveled...

Secondly, the techs weren't able to get the keyless entry programmed, so they had to order a new keypad.

Now......you see where this is going yet?

I've asked John to order the parts necessary to do both items....

And for some dang reason I've already lost a front beauty cap on one of the front wheels....
Wrt front beauty cap......lost a few. If anyone knows how to keep then on, let me know. Got the first one fron Renegade (so it says Renegade on it) but now I just get the stock Freightliner ones.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #88
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjam View Post
Wrt front beauty cap......lost a few. If anyone knows how to keep then on, let me know. Got the first one fron Renegade (so it says Renegade on it) but now I just get the stock Freightliner ones.

Yep..... right front it is.

And thanks Gary.....I took a Navy shower this morning and would probably be ok with doing that, but there's a reason I have a tankless WH in the sticks and bricks and it's not because of me. LOL!! The little woman spends more time doing her hair. Of course, I'm just jealous as you know I don't have any!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #89
Administrator Emeritus

Happy to report that the diesel burner gave me more than enough hot water, but hilariously must report that I still take those " get wet,soap up and rinse off" showers, with turning off the water in between.... Even when I had the top of the line Newmar rig with the Oasis I did it... Guess old habits are hard to break.
Now I know the "missus" isn't gonna have any part of those "Navy showers" so maybe it's my subconscious way of saving the planet.

I flew home to Virginia last night and left the rig in Fort Myers all buttoned up and awaiting our return after the Christmas holidays.
As others have discussed throughout the forum, I too turned the water off at the post, in order to prevent a water disaster from occurring in our absence.

Looking ahead to January, I'll need to run the rig over to North Trail when I get back, they ordered a new entry touch pad and also ordered the parts to facilitate dumping the rear air bags as previously discussed.

While I'm certainly excited for Christmas and the smiling faces of my two young grandsons, I must admit it was tough leaving that warm Florida sunshine yesterday afternoon.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Happy to report that the diesel burner gave me more than enough hot water, but hilariously must report that I still take those " get wet,soap up and rinse off" showers, with turning off the water in between.... Even when I had the top of the line Newmar rig with the Oasis I did it... Guess old habits are hard to break.
Now I know the "missus" isn't gonna have any part of those "Navy showers" so maybe it's my subconscious way of saving the planet.

I flew home to Virginia last night and left the rig in Fort Myers all buttoned up and awaiting our return after the Christmas holidays.
As others have discussed throughout the forum, I too turned the water off at the post, in order to prevent a water disaster from occurring in our absence.

Looking ahead to January, I'll need to run the rig over to North Trail when I get back, they ordered a new entry touch pad and also ordered the parts to facilitate dumping the rear air bags as previously discussed.

While I'm certainly excited for Christmas and the smiling faces of my two young grandsons, I must admit it was tough leaving that warm Florida sunshine yesterday afternoon.
Back to VA just in time for rain and snow mix this weekend .
Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #91
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Back to VA just in time for rain and snow mix this weekend .
Yeah... I'm tickled pink about it.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #92
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm sure your Verona will be thinking of you.

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #93
Administrator Emeritus

Just got a call from John @ North Trail regarding the issues with my coach....

1) It seems the door and keypad for the Verona is manufactured by a company called Challenger. In speaking with Challenger, they want the door code information off of a sticker on either the frame of the door or the door itself before they will send a replacement keypad.
Thankfully, I left the coach keys with a neighbor and I'll get him to take a pic and send it to me, so I can forward it to John.

2) Renegade is replacing the front right beauty ring under warranty.

3) The air bag dump dash switch is not a warranty issue, but they have ordered the parts.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #94

👍

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 12-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #95
Administrator Emeritus

For those that have never looked at the edge of your entry door, this is the sticker that Renegade or your dealer will want, if you ever need work done on your door or the keyless entry. Both the door and keyless entry are supplied by a company called Challenger.
I had to supply this information to North Trail, before Challenger would send them a replacement key pad.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #96

Quick stupid question: why would I want or need an air dump for the suspension? Just curious if this is something I should dowhen my unit goes to Freightliner for the first time.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #97
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cment View Post
Quick stupid question: why would I want or need an air dump for the suspension? Just curious if this is something I should dowhen my unit goes to Freightliner for the first time.
I'm not sure what your rig is, but in the Verona/Verona LE platform, when the rig comes to a stop, the air bags in the rear of the coach are fully inflated. When you push the level button, the front jacks don't have to travel far to start being effective, but the rear jacks travel farther to reach the ground and as such start "leveling" the coach. This "travel" causes the rear jacks to extend further and the "worry" is that they "could" overextend.

By "dumping" the rear air bags you in essence lower the rear of the coach and allow the jacks to be more effective with less travel of the cylinder.

Is it totally necessary? Well.... maybe not, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and have that extra jack travel for when and if I need it, rather than always being that much overextended.

And while I'm at it, where the heck have EdS and Frank Tamez been on the forum?

** On edit, I see you own an '18 Verona bunk house..... NICE!!**
Old 12-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #98

Rebelsbeach.....what did you do with your old sleep sofa?