RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Truck Conversions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-01-2019, 09:27 AM   #1

Verona LE Slide Stops

I am hauling around three of these things that are supposed to prevent a slide from deploying when under way. I assume they were used for the trip from the factory to the dealer.

Where are they placed if ever needed?

2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #2

I placed mine firmly in the garage.

Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #3

I keep mine in the basement under the inverter. In the event of slide mechanism failure they would be available to keep the slide in. They are installed on the inside between the slide flange and the outside wall to keep the slide from moving out. I don't use them unless needed.
tdeperte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:44 PM   #4

RonLC: Luke previous posters my three are left in the basement. I am sure in reality we all should utilize them since I have heard of slides on very rare occasions sliding open on the road. I did try to fit one on the biggest slide but to be honest no matter how far I extended it I could not make it work well. I worry that my wife ( not me of course) would try to open the slide with out removing the stop and would rip the trim off the slide. I think I will just gamble!
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #5

Iím with yíall. I have mine stored for the same reason. I would forget to remove them and then try deploying the slides leading to a flurry of cussing at myself for being so stupid.
Renegade RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeperte View Post
They are installed on the inside between the slide flange and the outside wall to keep the slide from moving out. I don't use them unless needed.
Don't quite understand. Where would I be standing where I could lean forward and put one in place?

Thanks
2004 Blue Bird M380 (sold)
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:14 PM   #7

Ronlc. With the slides in, you place the slide locks between the wall and the edge of the slide. That will mechanicly hold your slides in. You do this from inside your coach. In a previous rv these locks were invaluable as the slides always deployed while driving.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy8321 View Post
I placed mine firmly in the garage.
Mine are solidly in garage as well. In 25 years of RV'ing I have never used slide lock bars. Only once have I ever had a slide creep out while traveling, and that was do to a failed pump on a hydraulic system. And at that it only moved a few inches, not like it opened fully.

Tom C
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #9

Mine are also safely stored in my garage now.

I thought I could use them in a couple lockers to prevent things from shifting and scratching the door but was uncomfortable with the pressure they exerted on the locker side walls. So, they retired to the garage looking to be re-purposed someday.

I am always checking the mirrors while underway and do watch for any sign of "slide creep". If I see any "creep" I'll deal with it but it's never happened to me, although you can always find someone who has had a bad experience.
Former Coach - Newmar London Aire
JCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #10

anyone every bother to read the sticker on that dash when you bought the RV it reads something like LOAD LOCKS MUST BE INSTALLED FOR TRANSPORT its there for a reason, nuf said
Wayne Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Clamp View Post
anyone every bother to read the sticker on that dash when you bought the RV it reads something like LOAD LOCKS MUST BE INSTALLED FOR TRANSPORT its there for a reason, nuf said
That sticker and the diff lock sticker came off easily.

Pee Wee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide