Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:37 AM   #29

Study moving forward

Hi everyone, been away but not quit. A couple things I've done in the pass from weeks have been put in an exterior vent in for my compost toilet. Since I rather not do a roof cut I put a 90 degree elbow (PVC) with a reducer through the exterior wall to an 1 1/2 90 degree standard vent capped with a cyclone vent cover. Besides keeping water out I'll see if will assist( 90) in drying the medium. My CT does have two 5 inch fans and a heater/dryer. Oh yah I'm using a Envirolet MS 10 waterless.
I also came up with a Propane tank storage space (created one) for a 30lb. horizontal mount V. fill on the passenger side.
Yes a lot of small things putting Varathane on the ceiling, gallery vent and trimming the shower out. and today doing some wiring realizing I don't have enough chassis grounds that are need for my project so I made a ground bus bar for seven ground attachments everything wants and needs a chassis ground. So I figure I could control it a lot better(low resistance) if I made what I needed and didn't rely on the trucks exiting ground point. even though I will, as time goes on clean them up too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyclone Vent.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	176205  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #30

Propane Storage

Just wants to give you a look at my propane storage area along with exterior access fire extinguisher. It's not necessarily for propane tank but just when ever one is needed It's a racer thing and I had a few extra inches.
One issues or maybe just a change I had to do when cutting the access hatch for the tank. See the large rivets just above the hinge those are going into the ends of 1/4 x 2 x 4 C channel (floor trusses) that the box is constructed on. Had to go that low because the tank is 12.25 dia. counting the weld so I had to clear the top of the hatch. I have around 3 inches above tank. A factory Class C has all that skirting where as a commercial box doesn't always have it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PropaneTank_and FireSupport (2).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	176497   Click image for larger version

Name:	PropaneTank_and FireSupport (1).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	176498  

Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #31

Walls Going Up

Hi, well things are still moving forward. With 12v wiring in the ceiling and the cook top exhaust fan opening complete I have started stalling wall paneling (light gray). So I can get to stalling the floor covering and ac power outlets which will be on the floor with short runs of conduit under gallery counter top. I'll be using 1/2 battens at the panel seams.
There will be plenty of light with LED's
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Boxmix_interior_wall -paneling (2).jpg
Views:	17
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	177334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boxmix_interior_wall -paneling (3).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	177335  

Name:	Cooktop_Vent Fan.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	177336  
Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #32

Hi RVer, just a little up date. Gas lines are installed and nipples are at their needed locations so I can have heat and a hot shower when needed.
I was hoping to have finished flooring in before I needed to use for road trip and shake down(already road worthy) just checking out everything else like Solar panel(300 watt)and controller, inverter/charger and shore power.... and on. Going to my military unite reunion (class of Viet Nam) in Az and I thought I'd drive down and flat tow my Jeep along to get around when I get there and to see how it tows. I've towed my Fleetwood Prowler (yes bumper puller also)with the rig and it did fine but this will be the longest distance my crate motor has gone in one trip and it will be good to know what is needed towing a toad(is that right) I still have a few days.
Boy it sure got busy the last month and next.
Happy Trails
Old 09-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #33

I'm enjoying watching the conversion, it's looking nice.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #34

Just a little heads up on my part. As I was connecting a shut off and flex line to Lp regulator I realize that I hadn't attached a ground to my MH ridgid pipe. The reminder was when I was looking at my Fieetwoods connection from ridged to flex to tanks. I was thinking I needed to run 1/2 all the way to tank for constant pressure .(in a house you would have to do it because of line volume and BTU's) That's when I saw the pipe to chassis ground clamp(reminder). I had seen it before and had inquired (researched). Just thought I'd share
Sorry get off point. Fleetwood does use a 1/2 fitting to ridged to a 3/8 hose. so I'll do the same since I have a new flexble (rubber)3/8 hose with shut off on the shelf.(I did)
Old 09-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #35

Podivin thanks. you know when I joined this forum I was going to retrieve a Fleetwood Pace Arrow for my neighbor at his dads place in Mexico and I was doing research on it because it hadn't been used in 3 years.... long story shortened that's how guestPacer came about.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #36

Hi everyone not much to report but doing a little holiday traveling (vacationing) in the C America area on the Caribbean side. Met a few of our RVing brothers and sisters. One from Canada towing a shorter 5'er about 26ft. mentioned the only issues was when they broke a spring and couldn't fab it locally and had to have a set shipped to them. The other group of four from San Jose, CR in a van conversion with all their prep area out the back with additional black ABS tubing setup on top(solar)for washing. It could handle two if travel around a lot but they were also using tents for a little more living quarters. It was a rental out of San Jose. I thought I wrote down company name...not able to locate.
Back to my project. Took it out for test run and scales. The main reason was to weight it to see how the weights were and to address concerns that I my be getting up there in weight typical manufactured Class C issues tend to run up toward their max. and posting members. This with no cabinets and refrigerator (about 300lbs.)and only 30gals. of fuel plus 100lbs.more and no 25 gals of water(200lbs.)
Front axle 3450 lbs. Rear Axle 6900= 10,350lbs. Door sticker posted weight Front 4600, Rear 9450=14050. so I have some room to my weights for some wood working projects.
Before head to scales decided to install new shocks(KYB's) that have be sitting in cab for a few months ok ok almost a year. I can see why Ford has power differents between the F and E body trucks while installing the front shocks. Limited space for air intake exchaust.
Floor is in MH getting accumated before installing so I can install cabinets counter top. Now back to it.

Tags
ford