Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Freightliner Sport Chassis M2

I am seriously looking at the Sport Chassis M2 the RH-114 version. I was very impressed by the quality conversion of SC and the fact that they are an approved upfitter from Freightliner. So my question is who out there has one and how has it held up. I know the FL chassis is great and I love anything that has a Cummins in it but how about the SC upfit package. Interior etc?

Tsimpson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
we have over 90,000 miles on our '07 Sportchassis that we bought new .... ours has a Mercedes MB900 engine mated to an Allison T3000 .... the motor, transmission, running gear components have been bullet proof .... unfortunately, if we hadn't of purchased a 5 year extended warranty, there is no way we could have afforded to fix all of the things that went wrong after the OEM 2 year warranty .... one of our prime considerations in purchasing a Sportchassis was being able to use Freightliner repair facilities while traveling .... based on our experience, the quality of service one can expect from one location to another can vary considerably .... the truck's ride is excellent and not that we seem to have the bugs worked out, it seems to be performing well .... mileage varies from 8 - 11, we budget based on 9 .... I have found that she doesn't like bio diesel, mileage drops around 2 mpg

'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS
JEBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Word of caution about conversions, I suspect that is what JRBar's issues were (are). Although the trucks, whether MDTs or HDTs are built to the trucking industry standards of quality (read - reliable and bullet proof), the conversion portions are built to RV industry quality standards (read - crappy). The emphasis is on paint. chrome, leather, wood and glitz, but don't look underneath. I have lots of experience.
Pretty, isn't it?

Took me months to fix "their" wiring (not the truck manufacturer's wiring).

Finally junked it all and built my own dashboard.

How about this one, pretty too?

This way their idea of modifying the original truck harness to wire the 7 pin RV plug.

This was my idea of doing it (right).

Unless you are handy at doing it, or purchase an extended and comprehensive warranty you are going to be skinned alive, as JEBar says. You bring garbage like this to a Freightliner or International dealer, they are going to look at this and say "Oh boy", it's not their stuff so they will have to figure out what the upfitter did "to their truck" first. Lot of hours at $60-100 bucks per hour.

hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote

chassis, freightliner