Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Bobbyh
Ii's been a while

Hi every body,
I have been dormant for quite a while as I was trying to sell my business before getting into fulltime RV'ing. So now that we have sold our business I am back. I jut came back fro Texas after picking up a 2007 Freightliner m2-106. When I picked her up she had 39K on the odometer. So she looks and funs like new. To get her home I drove 1900 miles in 3 days and had no problems. I did notice a slight pull for the right as I drove and the only disappointment was that the built in GPS did not have upgradeable maps. When I got it home I had the trucked inspected and the wheels aligned and that fixed the tire pull.

I think I will name her Ox. Ox will be pulling a 39 foot Luxe which has a gross weight of 21000 lbs. This should be a piece of cake for this truck.. It will be another 2 months before the trailer is built so I have some time to get used to Ox.

See you on the road.
Bob
Bobbyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

Few things i for got to mention

Hi Everybody,
A few things I forgot to mention about Ox.
Ox has a Mercedes 7.2 liter Engine making 330HP and 1000 ft lbs of torque.
She carries 100 gallons of fuel and I got about 16mph on the way back from Texas. So I guess I will get around 8 to 10 MPH hauling my new trailer maybe a little better once the engine is fully broke in.

There is a Ranch hauler Bed, a full leather interior and a trail saver 32K hitch. The air ride seats are very comfortable and I never stiffened up or got sore in those 3 days it took to get home.

Bob
Old 08-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #3

Bobbyh welcome back, Ox sounds like a nice haul
guestPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
I have a 1999 Sport Chassis, that I call "bug killer"
2007 Forest River fifth wheel toy hauler 385 RLTS, 1999 Freightliner FL-60 with Western Hauler bed, new 3126B CAT motor, new Allison MD3060 transmission, air ride rear suspension, air ride cab, air ride seats
JEEPOHOLIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #5

Bob,

My '01 Sport Chassis is called Derpy.

I am getting around 11 mpg (US) but you may be higher than that under load.

You may want to get it aligned.. go with the 4 corner aliment. I hadn't realized I was out until I started destroying a steer tire.

Ian.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 AM   #6

Changed the name

Hi Everybody,
My did not like the name Ox, and I always refer to the truck as our horse, so we decided to change our trucks name. We are now calling her Clydesdale or
Clyde for short. I think that kinda fits a little better with the way we describe her.
Bob
Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 AM   #7

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyh View Post
Hi every body,
I have been dormant for quite a while as I was trying to sell my business before getting into fulltime RV'ing. So now that we have sold our business I am back. I jut came back fro Texas after picking up a 2007 Freightliner m2-106. When I picked her up she had 39K on the odometer. So she looks and funs like new. To get her home I drove 1900 miles in 3 days and had no problems. I did notice a slight pull for the right as I drove and the only disappointment was that the built in GPS did not have upgradeable maps. When I got it home I had the trucked inspected and the wheels aligned and that fixed the tire pull.

I think I will name her Ox. Ox will be pulling a 39 foot Luxe which has a gross weight of 21000 lbs. This should be a piece of cake for this truck.. It will be another 2 months before the trailer is built so I have some time to get used to Ox.

See you on the road.
Bob
Where did you pick up your truck? I'm thinking of going that way once I retire and I'm starting to look now.
Joe Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hunt View Post
Where did you pick up your truck? I'm thinking of going that way once I retire and I'm starting to look now.
You can buy directly from Sport Chassis or go to the large horse orientated forms ..you will find many used ones listed there..

Craigs or Kijiji works too...
Old 09-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #9

Truck Purchase

Hi Bought a used truck. It had 39.9K miles on it when I bought it. I found it on the net and after several emails decided it would be worth a trip to Texas to see if it was what it was all cracked up to be. I was so I bought it on the spot and drove it back home to Pa.
I have never looked back. I have driven it about 3000 miles and it really is a nice vehicle. The only grip I have had is the GPS is by Pioneer and the maps are no longer up gradable. I bought a Garmin RV660 to use in its place.
Bob