RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > MDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Valencia Problem

Went on my first shake-out cruise of my 2019 Renegade Valencia.

two very minor problems, and ....

The freshwater tank won't drain.

I've opened both spigots marked "low point drains." I still can't figure why there are two low points, though.

No luck.

Electronic indications are 67% full.

I will look in the tank later today.

Thoughts?

Dave Reynolds

dreyno16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #2

Low point drains are for draining the plumbing system after the water pump. The fresh water tank will have its own drain.
My Coachmen TT also has two sets of low point drains, one is for the WH.

steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:14 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyno16 View Post
Went on my first shake-out cruise of my 2019 Renegade Valencia.

two very minor problems, and ....

The freshwater tank won't drain.

I've opened both spigots marked "low point drains." I still can't figure why there are two low points, though.

No luck.

Electronic indications are 67% full.

I will look in the tank later today.

Thoughts?

Dave Reynolds
Steve52 is correct and the fresh water drain valve is under the bed.
Rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Same Issue

Hi I am new to Renegade and I'm having this very same issue with my 2020 Veracruz that I just picked up a few days ago. I went to drain the tank (via the valve located under the bed) and it won't drain. It's just a slight dribble. There is a LOW POINT drain valve in the water compartment, but that does nothing to drain the tank. I'm waiting to hear back from the North Trail RV service center, but they are puzzled too.

The low point drain that's located in the water closet has a small white tip sticking out of it. It won't drain any water until I pull on the white tip with a pair of pliers. Then it releases the residual water.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw3ijihky9...in%20.jpg?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:40 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ311 View Post
Hi I am new to Renegade and I'm having this very same issue with my 2020 Veracruz that I just picked up a few days ago. I went to drain the tank (via the valve located under the bed) and it won't drain. It's just a slight dribble. There is a LOW POINT drain valve in the water compartment, but that does nothing to drain the tank. I'm waiting to hear back from the North Trail RV service center, but they are puzzled too.

The low point drain that's located in the water closet has a small white tip sticking out of it. It won't drain any water until I pull on the white tip with a pair of pliers. Then it releases the residual water.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw3ijihky9...in%20.jpg?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated.

The Freshwater tank drain is most likely under your bed. It is a t-handled bayonet valve. The owners manual picture doesn’t do it justice. The low point drains seem to drain the small amount of water between the city water fill and both the freshwater tank and the pressurized supply lines. Let them drip then blow them out prior to winterizing.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:41 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
The Freshwater tank drain is most likely under your bed. It is a t-handled bayonet valve. The owners manual picture doesn’t do it justice. The low point drains seem to drain the small amount of water between the city water fill and both the freshwater tank and the pressurized supply lines. Let them drip then blow them out prior to winterizing.

Forgot to sign!

Dave Reynolds
2019 Valencia 38Bb
Old 11-15-2019, 04:03 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Yes.... we found the valve. But the problem is..... even with the valve wide open... the water is just a dribble. It isn't draining properly. Anyway... just curious if we have missed something. The manual doesn't even show the proper pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

Tags
problem