Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #29

Concept

Hi, we have a '99 Concept & found the best ( maybe only) place for service is Premier RV in Junction City Or. Gary & Louie worked at Country Coach for years & actually built our Coach so they are very knowledgeable. They are also very helpful & we found them great to deal with. Hope this helps
macpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
Hi, we have a '99 Concept & found the best ( maybe only) place for service is Premier RV in Junction City Or. Gary & Louie worked at Country Coach for years & actually built our Coach so they are very knowledgeable. They are also very helpful & we found them great to deal with. Hope this helps
Thanks for joining in to this very small group of Concept owners. Yours being a 99 , do you have the Gillig Chassis ? I purchased my Concept from Premier two years ago.. They are helpful no doubt, nice folks to deal with as long as you can take the long trip back to junction City. The land and buildings ( all old CC properties ) are for sale so who knows if things may change. I feel very lucky to have found a great place in the upper midwest. Quints Service in oshkosh Wi. Mine has been there over 2 months getting needed repairs. parts are the main problem
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #31
laj

this quite simply is not true. premier owns the land and buildings they are in.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:16 AM   #32

Stearing gear compartment

I just got my 98 Concept back from shop, it's been 2 months and almost all repairs have been completed. The thing that has been a problem since I bought the 45 ft. Concept was wiring/ Molon Switches not having lighting in the front dash area. This last two weeks we finally found the problem ,it was PC control board in the compartment under the drivers seat, where the steering gear is. The shop I use in Oshkosh, Wi. Has been great, replacing the boards. Actually sending them back to CC for repair. My question is to any owner out there that has this compartment. Mine is open the the weather from ground under steering gear and behind headlight. This area has several PC boards, and they have now been rebuilt due to the compartment not being sealed up from the elements. I must install a complete panel now before I drive in rain again ( it's rain tin now and I am not home yet, about 2 hours after breakfast . ) we did not see any place where a panel was before. Anyone else have this problem ? It seems strange, but it's real and did cause the failure of the PC boards, among other things. There must have been something there ?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:07 AM   #33

Hi, just figured out how to post message (i think). Ours has a DynoMax chassis, my digital dash just went out , probably a fuse or broken wire. I opened dash & reckon I"ve got no business poking around in there. We are going to try get a tech to have a look if we can find one. currently on an eastern trip & have things working well enuff to travel, but may want to call your shop in Oshkosh to do a more permanent fix. I remember seeing your Coach last spring at Premier, very nice.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Hi, just figured out how to post message (i think). Ours has a DynoMax chassis, my digital dash just went out , probably a fuse or broken wire. I opened dash & reckon I"ve got no business poking around in there. We are going to try get a tech to have a look if we can find one. currently on an eastern trip & have things working well enuff to travel, but may want to call your shop in Oshkosh to do a more permanent fix. I remember seeing your Coach last spring at Premier, very nice.
Your Concept came from Premier too ? What year is it ? Somewhere around 99 they changed from Gillig to the Dyno chassis. I understand the first DynoMax chassis were not strong enough to carry the wt. of the Bus built Concept.They had to be reinforced.. But , thats not what we need to talk about here. The digital dash on mine ,so far works great. My problem was the Molon switches on the dash and over head area. things worked but light part would not work, and I had a major inverter failure .....The folks in Oshkosh took out 2 pc boards in ECC panel and 2 from steering gear compartment, sent them off the CC and had them repaired, the cost was but a few hundred dollars, so I feel lucky in that department. I have been told once the digital dash goes out there is no fix and you have to get the new setup from Silverlite...and or have the work done in Oregon. The nice thing the new Silverlite set up includes GPS which quit on mine years ago as it has on most all coaches . There is one person ,John, in Oshkosh that is skilled on these problems, so I would talk to him or Quint, the owner about scheduling a visit. In the past I understand CC had replaced many of the Dash set ups, but no longer can , and will refer you to Silverlite. You can look up their system on the Web site, nice people to talk to . For me they could not help with anything other than the engine controls which includes a new dash set up. It would be nice if you only have a minor repair. Keep us informed as to how your proceed.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #35

Hi, no I didn't buy our '99 Concept at Premier but that is where we go for most anything electric. Found them to be excellent to deal with. We are going to have to go down there to get Silverleaf digital dash installed, as haven't found another option.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #36

New Concept Owner

I just purchased a '98 Concept 40'. It is built on the Gillig chassis has a tag axle and a single slide out.

I have a few issues with it but overall it is in pretty good condition. I have made several calls to CC and spoke to Greg in the support department, he was very nice and extremely helpful. I also called Gillig with a few questions and spoke with Rick. He was also very helpful and is researching getting a new tailpipe for me.

My biggest current issue is an air leak near the rear axle which I believe is with the HWH air leveling system. I brought in into my local truck repair shop and I thought they fixed it but still happening. I'm going to get under there (after blocking it up as per the advice of HWH) and see if I can see where it is leaking. HWH said it is most likely a dump solenoid on the rear leveling manifold.

I have the CC digital dash and it is working well. I'm curious though what the cost will be to switch to the Silverleaf system if/when the CC setup fails. Anyone get any pricing from Silverleaf for the conversion?

Minor issus are a couple of leaks around the windows and slide out , creeping window seals, and need to replace the water heater elements (did one already).

Thanks and happy motoring!
David
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #37

Concept

Hi David, I have a '99 Concept & found the best place for service &/or help with the coach was the Folks at Premier RV in Junction City. Gary & Louie are both very knowledgeable and helpful. Also I did have Silver Leaf dash installed last fall at around $5500., took about 1/2 a day to install. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #38
srh

Newmar Owners Club
I would also consider contacting Kevin Wait, 541-953-6162, and his partner Butch Williams in Florida at 863-984-9764. I have subscribed to their Help Service and paid off immensely! I highly recommend it for all new CC owners.
All the Best!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I would also consider contacting Kevin Wait, 541-953-6162, and his partner Butch Williams in Florida at 863-984-9764. I have subscribed to their Help Service and paid off immensely! I highly recommend it for all new CC owners.
All the Best!
Premier in Tucson knows Concepts too. They replaced my leveling valves last week.( 3) 1100.00 5 hours.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #40

Quote:
Hi David, I have a '99 Concept & found the best place for service &/or help with the coach was the Folks at Premier RV in Junction City. Gary & Louie are both very knowledgeable and helpful. Also I did have Silver Leaf dash installed last fall at around $5500., took about 1/2 a day to install. Hope this helps.
They sold me my 98 Concept 2 years ago. ....I did have problems with them that continue. Mainly service records they have and will not share with me, I have been waiting all this time for what they promised ! .......I discovered major front end damage repair that they did not disclose......otherwise they were nice folks to deal with !!!!!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #41

Thanks everyone for all of the leads. Sounds like there are some knowledgeable people around when it comes to the Concept. Glad to hear there is someone in Florida, Arizona, and Oregon.

My biggest problem right now is an air leak at the dryer. My local mechanic (diesel truck shop) rebuilt the purge valve on the dryer. I think the Dryer is a Bendix AD-9, if anyone knows differently please correct me. It is constantly leaking air (sputtering sound from front of rear axle area) and the coach won't air up.

Oddly, if I turn on the HWH air leveling and press the up button for the rear of the coach the system will air up. It still takes a very long time. Once I am running at higher RPMs everything is ok but it is still leaking. I will probably try and replace the entire air dryer myself this week to see if that will solve the problem.

Anyone have any issue like this?

Darstar, did you have to replace the HWH leveling valves or the ride leveling valves?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by davzcarz View Post
Thanks everyone for all of the leads. Sounds like there are some knowledgeable people around when it comes to the Concept. Glad to hear there is someone in Florida, Arizona, and Oregon.

My biggest problem right now is an air leak at the dryer. My local mechanic (diesel truck shop) rebuilt the purge valve on the dryer. I think the Dryer is a Bendix AD-9, if anyone knows differently please correct me. It is constantly leaking air (sputtering sound from front of rear axle area) and the coach won't air up.

Oddly, if I turn on the HWH air leveling and press the up button for the rear of the coach the system will air up. It still takes a very long time. Once I am running at higher RPMs everything is ok but it is still leaking. I will probably try and replace the entire air dryer myself this week to see if that will solve the problem.

Anyone have any issue like this?

Darstar, did you have to replace the HWH leveling valves or the ride leveling valves?
Yes, all three. The right rear was leaking a lot, as long as they had my Concept up in the air I had all three original valves replaced. There still was a lean to the right front , so they put a little more air in the right rear. That seemed to level off the coach. I still need new shocks ( one of right rear was broke off ) but will hold off till I get home in April....if I can. Even with one less shocks my trip from Tucson to Bolder City was greatly improved. When parked it now levels automatically quickly , and on the road handling is improved a lot.

I do have a more serious problem , the engine runs 200 to 220 degrees, and that was in 50 degrees.. Not sure what's wrong. Was told I need to replace the fan control to a mechanical unit...as a guess. I am not sure what will happen when the air temps get to 75 and 80. I am trying to decide who I should take it too, Detroit Diesel shop or RV repair shop ? Anyone else have had this problem ?