Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #1

Country Coach, no where to go.

I feel a bit alone out there as I have a very limited Provost look a like coach built by Country Coach. It's called a Concept, uses a Gillig chassis 45' w/. pusher, bus armor all around Detroit 60 series, interior lighting switches, aircraft quality interior , etc. we love this " bus" it was built in 97,98,99 that's it I think. Parts are too get, most everything is not standard Country Coach, and they do not offer any parts or actual Healy as those who built it are ether dead or retired. It was a pet project of the President on CC. He to this day have a 8' clay model of this Coach. They all had custom paint jobs that matched interior decor colors. If anyone thinks I should be in the Bus Conversation group, or not , give me some feed back. I am not sure where to even go for oil change etc. Am at Lazy Days Tucson now for a month , am wondering if they we be the best place for general service ? Of coarse I am aware the best place is Junction City, Oregon where it was made, but that's not on my radar for travel this year. CC has tryed to help with some electrical switches, etc , but can't help much sorry to say, again, any help or ideas would be helpful.....I know my coach is old, but looking at it inside and out it looks as new ! Only 44,000 miles and always kept in it's own barn, a great Motorhome , only wish would be a slide or two, but we can live without it for 5 months a year.......thanks for ideas....
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Several suggestions:

1. Certainly think any shop who services commercial trucks, buses, motorhomes of any make can do your routine service like oil changes, lube, filters, etc.

2. Might want to contact Kevin Waite in Junction City. Kevin owns K&M RV repair and is a known and respected resource for CC owners. Kevin and his BIL, Butch Williams, worked for CC for years and offer (for a fee) unlimited technical support to CC owners. I am sure Kevin will be honest about his ability to help with your particular model. (541) 953-6162

3. Check in with the Country Coach owners forum on IRV2. There may be folks who have coaches similar to yours and can offer advice.

4. Yahoo has a CC Owners group you can join. I have found it useful at times, but the CC Owners' group here on IRV2 has been most helpful.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Several suggestions:

1. Certainly think any shop who services commercial trucks, buses, motorhomes of any make can do your routine service like oil changes, lube, filters, etc.

2. Might want to contact Kevin Waite in Junction City. Kevin owns K&M RV repair and is a known and respected resource for CC owners. Kevin and his BIL, Butch Williams, worked for CC for years and offer (for a fee) unlimited technical support to CC owners. I am sure Kevin will be honest about his ability to help with your particular model. (541) 953-6162

3. Check in with the Country Coach owners forum on IRV2. There may be folks who have coaches similar to yours and can offer advice.

4. Yahoo has a CC Owners group you can join. I have found it useful at times, but the CC Owners' group here on IRV2 has been most helpful.
Thanks for the advice......have already been thru what you suggest.....I don't think you are aware of the Concept, it is very special in many ways.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Pictures please...so we can appreciate how special the Concept truly is
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
Pictures please...so we can appreciate how special the Concept truly is
It's not a Freek ! Or something better or worse than other choices. It's just that it seems alone and not a coach shared by many conversion companies, like Provist . Easy way to see pictures is google CC Concept image format. There you will find about all that were made.Mine is the stainless and gray model with three tone graphics, purple, blues, grays etc.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #6

1995 concept

I have a 1995 concept and I am also head over heals for it. Mine has buetieful wood work with stain glass in the cabinets, marble on the floor and corian every where else. I didn't really know what I was gitting when I bought it I just new it was very good quality! Almost forgot to mention I have a pop out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	977
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	85670  
Hondalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #7

1995 Concept

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1099
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	85671  
Hondalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to DIYRVGuy
Those Concept coaches are beautiful, had my eye on several.

There are 3 certified Detroit service centers in Tucson and many are certified Allison service centers also.

You didn't mention how long you have owned the coach but the service centers may offer an inspection service for new owners.

Use this site to find a certified service center near you.

Diesel Service Technicians - Demand Detroit
Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondalee View Post
I think the slide was added after build, looks like a good job done ? Have you used yours much ? Trips, etc. you have the Detroit 60 ? You would be 40' w/ out the tag. Mine is 45' DD 500 hp. Series 60 it's a 1998 titled but I think it was built in 97. I have the ultra modern interior, no wood just ultra leather everywhere. We feel fortunate to have found one like this in like new condition 45,000 mi.
We are in our first winter stay in NM and now Tucson, back north in April I guess. It's quite hot here 85 yesterday...no complaints !
Old 02-10-2015, 01:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYRVGuy View Post
Those Concept coaches are beautiful, had my eye on several.

There are 3 certified Detroit service centers in Tucson and many are certified Allison service centers also.

You didn't mention how long you have owned the coach but the service centers may offer an inspection service for new owners.

Use this site to find a certified service center near you.

Diesel Service Technicians - Demand Detroit
We bought ours last summer at CC factory. I was disappointed that the orig. owner would not share the log on this coach. It looks like new, but being that old, o have questions., that's why I will contact tomorrow WWWilliams, they are the big DD service outlet I was told today. Lazy Days here where we are settled in also does service, but they are booked up for a month, and I was told it's a full day job on engine service, where they told me Williams could do it in 1/2 day most likely. Thanks for the other lead sources. I have had mixed help from Factory on a couple of issues, but they have little records and no parts for the Concept. Great folks however, maybe next summer we can go back to the place it was built.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondalee View Post
I forgot to ask, did you have any stainless dents? I had several, one from a snow bank at home, so while down here I decided to remove a couple of skins. I fixed the dents, but had a hard time finding 3/16 rivets w/ big head. No one could help, even CC , so I drilled out to 1/4 inch where the heads matched my old 3/16 size. Do you have the digital dash and all the Molon switches that light orange off and green on. ? That's been my big problem finding the bad connection on a couple of panels. I was told one of the daughter boards ( there are 24) on the motherboard may be the problem. Got lots of wiring diagrams, but not one for the light switches throughout the coach. I see you have upgraded mirrors ( better, but plastic) . I could use better rear vision. I am thinking about adding a three camera set up and use a split screen where the old Navigation was. It's not working otherwise I have the original three mode digital set up instead of gauges. Real neat , and works fine. I have been told they all go bad at some point and need to be replaces by Silverleaf set up system...so far, so good there. I talked to Silverleaf and they said anythings possible, whatever I want they can build it!
Old 03-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I think the slide was added after build, looks like a good job done ? Have you used yours much ? Trips, etc. you have the Detroit 60 ? You would be 40' w/ out the tag. Mine is 45' DD 500 hp. Series 60 it's a 1998 titled but I think it was built in 97. I have the ultra modern interior, no wood just ultra leather everywhere. We feel fortunate to have found one like this in like new condition 45,000 mi.
We are in our first winter stay in NM and now Tucson, back north in April I guess. It's quite hot here 85 yesterday...no complaints !
Darstar
You driveing thru 85 deg. weather? Roof or basement air?
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
Darstar
You driveing thru 85 deg. weather? Roof or basement air?
It has roof AC 3 units. Works great, not seen 85 here, but did have a few 80 days. Tucson has had great weather70s every day, some 79-80 rain today gets cool at night

By the way for those who responded to my service question......I did take it to WW Williams. They did a full check out plus oil,filters etc. also pressure tested cooling system. Now I am going to look for maybe one of those roving mechanics and see if he could change all my silicone on roof and replace, found a pin hole leak .and was on top of Sat receiver !
Old 03-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #14

Definitely rely on an authorized Detroit/Allison shop for engine and transmission. I have a CC Prevost conversion and there is support. I don't know how similar, if at all, the CC installed systems are between the Concept and the Prevost conversions. There may be support from the conversion side.
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote