Help with a 1995 MCI-12 6v92
Hi, I just joined. I'm excited that I found a place that seems to have it all.
Last week i purchased a 1995 MCI-12, 6v92 that I'm planning to convert.
I have lots of questions, and am having a hard time finding answers. I found one of your threads that talked about my engine - Sweet! it answered about 20 of the questions right away. I'm loving this.
The coach is a "pure" greyhound bus. Still has all the seats, the bathroom (yuck), overhead bins, original drivers seat...
I've got to drive it to WA state (from UT) in 2 weeks. Here are a couple of the things I think I'd like to do/have done before the trip.
1.*Remove the bathroom (at least the hole in the ground toilet) and replace it with a composting toilet (eliminate the smell and the heat from the engine).
2. Remove about 1/2 of the seats and sell them.
3. Get smarter about the engine & conversion
So my three questions are:
1. Can I "simply" cut the toilet and surrounding metal out of the bus down to floor level, close the hole with a metal sheet, wood and insulation, and leave the original "bathroom" enclosure in it for now? Or does the entire enclosure and the back row of seats need to come out? Either way, I'll put in a composting toilet (unless you say not to). Without the enclosure, I'll just hang a sheet/curtain for privacy.
I'm all about easy this time since it's a one-time thing and I'll strip the entire bus later in the year.
2. How does a private person sell 21 seats for an MCI bus? They are in great shape (except for the front two). And I don't know if they smell or not until I take them out of the bus. Any thoughts?
3. Does anyone have info about places or publications that can help me get smarter about converting the bus? I'm a little overwhelmed right now at the list of things that I don't know.
Anything you can tell me is going to help a lot.
1995 MCI-12 6v92
All the help I can get...