Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #15

I actually found a third party DMV agent/service that I run all my registrations through. I am going to have to give them a call and see what it will take to get a reg for this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
I don't envy you having to deal with Kalifornia DMV. Just a note: If the first DMV agent says "NO-GO", try another location.
ImpulseBuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #16

I have recently discovered a licensed VIN verifier in my area. Well worth the fee. Thank you for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMO View Post
From California here, who has purchased a diesel Motorhome out of state. A special license to drive a Motorhome is not required if it's 40 feet in length or less. Over 40 ft special license requiring a driving test is required. Diesel Motorhome are exempt from smog at this time. You mentioned a 2 stroke diesel, I can not advise if that makes a difference or not. Along with all paperwork, you need a VIN verification. This can be done at DMV, but as parking is usually bad at most DMV's I recommend calling your local DMV Office for this DMV from. Take you check book to DMV, as they will want to collect 'use Tax' and reg.

Hope this answers your questions.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #17

Any pics?
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #18

Coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Any pics?
Old 08-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #19

For those of you with bus conversions, who do you recommend for insurance?

Any specific coverages to consider?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #20

We have a perfectly fine DP, but I still find myself looking at conversions on Craigslist.

Subscribing and awaiting photos!

Matt B
Old 08-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #21

I really really really want an older conversion, the sound of the engine makes me happy...but in my price range they were potential full time projects requiring much more liquid assets than I have.
And...my husband is not mechanically inclined (think Big Bang theory) haha. Just replacing a vacuum bag is a challenge for him. . Fortunately for us and our 2004 Winnebago I know my way around a gas engine and RV stuff, I just don't want to have to do it. haha He is learning. I don't have to winterize the lawnmowers anymore.