RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Larry, I have it from 2 very good sources that you traded the Cornerstone for that Newell ! 😳
Brian, if the two "sources" you're referring to have first names starting with B and R, you should know better than to believe ANYTHING those guys tell you.

LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Brian, I’d bet if the numbers were even remotely close, Larry would have given it some thought, especially considering the kinks he’s been working on.

Me, I’m trying to think up the next great widget.

-Matt
Matt, you're right, but unfortunately a net of $1.5 million or more didn't quite qualify as "remotely close."

Keep me posted on the next great widget so I can be one of the early investors...

Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #31

Just heard from Brian Pitts that they were able to sell Brad K's Featherlite trailer to a sports marketing company.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:28 PM   #32

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Hope it didn't feel as if I was flaming. I have no idea if there is a fall off in the quality by going to Spartan. I was just pointing out that the chassis is seriously beefed up.

Apologies if it came off otherwise.
No apology needed/no offense taken...
Just a bit gun shy when describing our coach manufacturer, coach quality or it's features.. so tend to understate a wee bit.

If we ever wear this FT out... will be talking to Foretravel and Newell
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #33

Does anybody know if Newell pricing is like the typical RV market? ie: can we typically expect the price to be about 30% off of retail?

1.4m is a little bit easier to swallow than 2m, if that's how the pricing is. Would absolutely love a Newell, but don't quite have 2 million laying around.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for posting. We were lucky enough to walk through a few Newell coaches at Premium Coach Group in Gilbert AZ. I've always admired them, except that so many have the "blazing white" interiors. The rear master bath and bunk beds in the hall are awesome.

I also wonder if you could tone one down a bit to keep the cost down. Maybe order it without the Subzero refrigerator, 20k generator and some of the other exotics.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
Does anybody know if Newell pricing is like the typical RV market? ie: can we typically expect the price to be about 30% off of retail?

1.4m is a little bit easier to swallow than 2m, if that's how the pricing is. Would absolutely love a Newell, but don't quite have 2 million laying around.
It is similar, yes.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I also wonder if you could tone one down a bit to keep the cost down. Maybe order it without the Subzero refrigerator, 20k generator and some of the other exotics.
The majority of the cost is in all the labor, and specifying alternatives simply drives that part up even further (none of the jigs/drawings/standard pieces fit, engineering design time required for the new component skyrockets, etc.). So it would probably do the opposite, in fact.

Looking at it the other way, even a heavily-optioned Newell only costs a relatively small amount more than a "base" model, at least as long as you stay at the 45'8" length. (Yes, Newell will make whatever length you want!)
Old 07-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #37

I can't imagine I'll have chance for one of these high end coaches. But... if I were to find one at a great price.... and needed some of their incredible service is it only to be had at their factories?

Or do they have a network of vetted service providers? After all these things are made to travel far & wide!
KenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #38

I have never seen a Newell dealer in my travels.. which makes it a must go to factory for service.. a west coast guy might find that a pita...

Also will agree that most of the later model ( 10year old ones )are really white and gold... one heck of a coach but that would be hard to spend still 300 too 500 k with such a dated interior...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:24 PM   #39

There are NO dealers, everything from factory, but with any f the recent ones they can take control from Miami to troubleshoot and fix many problems. Others they will talk mobile mechanics through. AND there have been a fair number of them built in recent years with darker woods and furnishing, vast majority the white but others do exist and hit the market. All JMHO
Old 07-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
There are NO dealers, everything from factory,
And they build less than 30 per year, the vast majority of which (more than 2/3) are customer-spec'd-and-ordered.

To acquire a new Newell (and in many cases a gently used one) is an individual factory experience.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #41

Newell sends techs to the west coast (Indio) and to Florida each winter, so people far afield do not have to go to Oklahoma. Most repairs can be completed there.

Newell also will fly a tech to you, plus the parts to fix your problem, if you're desperate (or if there's an issue on a brand new coach).

Many of the systems on Newell are used on other RVs or semis, and a few consignment dealers do also provide Newell-specific service and have that expertise.

All that said, there is no substitute for being able and willing to get dirty and work on things yourself. It is... "fun."
Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ71 View Post
I can't imagine I'll have chance for one of these high end coaches. But... if I were to find one at a great price.... and needed some of their incredible service is it only to be had at their factories?

Or do they have a network of vetted service providers? After all these things are made to travel far & wide!
If you go to the support tab of Newells web page they have 8 pages of preferred service providers.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote