RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #15

I would buy a combined tank RV in a heart beat. In the 55 years of camping I've never once had a tank fill to overflowing. By having a combined tank the liquid to solids ratio in the would increase, and a cleaner dump would be had by all.

Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJinOR View Post
The hindrance to me is IF iI forget or the sensor is wrong ,(and you will ). You will have have toilet waste in your shower pan! What's that Smell?
While not the end of the world, it's bad enough with sink water. I have combined my tanks, with a simple add on valve to get a couple more days boondocking but not day to day.No way.
Have C--- and P-- coming up 2-3" out of the shower pan and see what the DW says esp with that 2 am flush! .. just sayin
I have a sure-fire way to never, ever overfill my combined waste tank - I always run from our on-board pump which is drawing water from our fresh water tank.

Since our fresh water tank is the same size as the waste tank, overfill is not possible.

I know, the obvious questions...Yes, our pump is plenty able to keep up and give us great water pressure and wonderful showers. Yes, we do connect to water and sewer while at a campground. But, I only open the dump valve when dumping, and after I dump I open the city water valve and refill the tank. The whole thing takes about 5 minutes if we're already hooked up.

Kind of old school, but it works for us. Less technology means less to go wrong.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #17

Its funny how 'poop' is nuclear and grey is OK if it should back up in shower

Grey WASTE ....
Food particles rotting, cooking greases/oil turning rancid, sloughed off body skin cells, PEE, slimy soap scum etc.

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Its funny how 'poop' is nuclear and grey is OK if it should back up in shower

Grey WASTE ....
Food particles rotting, cooking greases/oil turning rancid, sloughed off body skin cells, PEE, slimy soap scum etc.

You make gray water sound so delicious!
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #19

I'm with the others on liking the idea of one tank. When hooked up I don't have one filling up before the others. When Dry camping not much difference. Plus I'd have the San-t-flush on "the whole thing" instead of just the black as it is now.

IMHO

My unit:
Fresh Water Capacity (w/water heater, approx. gal.): 88
Gray Water Tank (approx. gallons): 67/35
Black Water Tank (approx. gallons): 65

Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, single, tank