Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > Bus Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #1

This is the Hottest thing in 25 Years! It can tow a 40k Staker trailer! 550hp. Two bed Master bedrooms! This company is building shells only! You can have Liberty Coach, Bruce Coach, Nashville Coach or even Showtime conversion complete the inside! I just got tickts to the SEMA show where it will be in two weeks!

Wow. This is not your grandfathers old Prevost! SEMA / PRI SHOW Custom Coach
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
As my old friend Justin Wilson used to say,"Don't mean to insult you, no."

That thing (those things?) are ugly as a mud fence. I guess that is why there are numerous makes and models out there.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #3

I'll stick to my bus thanks.
Ron

8V92TA 500 HP /w 6 speed
Prevost82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #4

It still is a Class "C" add on, not a coach. It would be interesting if painted in J B HUNT, yellow.

The interior is similar to that used by extended race team tractors for many years.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #5

Old School Rv owners never change they just fade away.

Thank You guys for taking a few minutes out of your day to look at the future. I believe being able to tow 40k behind my Motorhome safely is far better then the bench mark set today by the Bus conversions that brake down at 15,000 pounds or more. Maybe I am wrong.

When I was knee high my grandfather told us stories of many old farmers who said the horseless carriage would never replace the horse teams. I must admit with the price of fuel at $289 per gallon a horse team pulling my old 2004 Prevost looks good about now! LOL!

History reports Henry Ford was told he was crazy to try and sell a vehicle to people that would rather stick with the old school ways. Old school is easy! Old School is cheaper.

For many years not a single RV had a side out! Gee how time have changed! A new Motorhome without at least three slides is tough to find!

Mr. Ford was told he was crazy to not drop his employees wages during the Great Depression.

Yet today we owe a lot to people with fore site. From reading your replies I see little foresight! I see guys happy with the way thing are!

You must admit a guy who owns a 1982 Prevost or a Class C customer is not a 2008 Prevost customers. Nor was the old farmer who could not afford a new Model T or A in the same league as a racing team who can afford to blow $150k on a motor or could care less what the price of fuel cost. If Indy 500 or NASCAR is racing this weekend does the price of fuel matter? If the price of fuel was a $1000 dollars per gallon the teams would be on the track warming up!

You are correct this coach will not be the choice of a used Prevost buyer on a set budget.

Its not going to be the next Fun Mover or Pony Express designed for customers on a beer budget.

I may have to eat my words but I will bet you in ten years or less this monster Motorhome will change the way the next generation thinks above Rving.

The way The Showhauler and other truck conversions are changing the way things are done today!

Ok! What do you think about that? Again thank you guys for your comments!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #6

It's too big. I don't park vey much in fancy RV parks. I like to camp in provincial parks or foresty campsites.

My 82 is a 2004 conversion and if I WAS in the market for a 2007 I still wouldn't buy it ... it doesn't work for my needs, I don't even want a 45' Prevost, it would limit where I can go.

There are similar conversions being built but it seems that movie star are buying them ... probably parked on location for long periods, not touring around.

We're not parkers, we tour.

Ron

8V92TA 500 HP /w 6 speed
Prevost82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #7

Bumper to Bumper the unit I am having built is 35'. No monster for me! I can haul my 35' stacker trailer with full 20,000 pounds of toys one weekend, the next weekend take off to Florida or Lake Mead with my 40' offshore powerboat. Plus still have two queen size bed rooms. That means no conversion of the kitchen into a bed room part time bed room. With this Bus I will no longer have to have a guest sleep on a fold out couch in the living room. They offer up to 5 slides though I am only ordering four. The 550 Hp.Cat Automatic should pull my 10,000 pound trailer plus the 20,000 pounds of toys with zero problems.

Done get me wrong I have owned 5 Prevost since 1981. I was a 100% Prevost guy until I went to the plant. But when I saw the next generation Bus Conversion I know I had owned my last Prevost Car. My Prevost will be on the market next year if anyone is in the market!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #8

Hotfoot,

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding...However, the "coach" I looked at in your link appears to be nothing more than a converted cab over 3 axle semi truck. If that is so then the ride alone would be a negative for me.

The conversion appears to be directed at a niche market rather than the general rv population. As such, I'm sure it will fulfill its purpose. However, I don't forsee it becoming a mainstream recreational vehicle.

Enjoy your new "coach". They are nice looking and if I was doing nothing but hauling alot of toys around I would consider something similar, or probably just an HDT for alot less money.

2003 KSDP
Ed-Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #9

Hot Foot, I agree with you. I can't see why anyone who could pilot a 45 foot prevost in tight places would have any problem with the model you are getting. I love the appearance and layout. Let us know how she handles and runs when she's delivered.
Leo B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Leo B, welcome to iRV2.

Come back and visit us often.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 AM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

As pretty as this rig is, it's still considered a Class "C" and as such is prohibited in every one of the more exclusive "Class A only" resorts...

Wouldn't bother me, but might be a hindrance to some....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:28 AM   #12

Hey, Thanks for all of the interest in my thread. I took the big step and purchased a 35' Motorhome from Twins Custom Coach. Dan was the sales person that helped me from day one. I will be able to personally respond to each of your question first hand in about June. 2008.

While I was at the plant I learned you guys may be seeing these units at location near you very soon. It appears a Non Profit corp. purchased (4) of the 35' tow vehicles from RV Truck Sales. The non profit is planning to out fit 50 of their current COE chassis with the fairings and front end kits found on this coach. Wow that was impressive! They should be on the road several months before my unit is complete. I will drop in and update you guys on the project as I learn more. Thanks again!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #13

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Looks interesting but the 35' model is not going to make it in the traditional RV industry. Just no need for a 35' toter to pull a 5th wheel. Looking at the site this must be a very new venture since I do not see any pic's of a completed 45' or 40' motorhome. I also don't see any slide outs, which again takes it out of the traditional market. Looking at the specifications just briefly I can already tell you that the holding tanks are to small. I am sure the rear end is air ride, but if the front isn't again it will never make it.

Judging just from the small amount of info on the site, it looks like it is well built, and I am sure there are specialty markets that it may do well in.

What is the ball park price on a 35' toter?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
I think it looks pretty cool for a semi. But how in the heck are they going to access the engine? Don't tell me that the cab tilts. The poor owner would have to unload the cabin . One of the reasons we like a class A is the size of the windshield. I've been in a Peterbuilt and the small windshield makes sightseeing almost impossible.

It is definately built for a niche market.

Enjoy your new MHUV.