Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > HDT Conversions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
ETs have landed

Thar be ETs in that Penske truck.

The Blue Bomber be draggin' its butt too, yeah, you guessed it ET parts.
Kechup has been lonely all this time.

Got a visit for our friendly "Code Enforcement Officer", some neighborhood Nazi, anonymously of-course, alerted the said Officer of a presence of a commercial vehicle in the "residential area". All the immediate neighbors are aghast wanting to know who the idiot is.
I met the Officer, we had a "friendly exchange". Next day I went to the City Hall to seek him out again, he was quite surprised, usually most folks are immediately cowed. I went there to begin the process of "re-educating him" and his peers, I am making progress, I think, but we'll see.

hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2

Glad you made it okay. I'm sure you handled the Code Enforcement Officer in your usual polite and politically correct manner.

2011 NuWa Champagne 38 CKRD
2013 Mini Turbo Go-kart
2003 Freightliner "Bad to the Bone" Classic XL
VetRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
We made progress already.
During mt "visit" to the "officialdom" I offered to bring the truck hitched up to the fifth and park it in front of the City Hall so that the "powers to be" to "examine it" and realize the the two parts are like Siamese Twins and can't exist without each other. The Code Enforcement Officer stated that "this would not be necessary" and quickly produced an application for an exemption allowing parking "6 wheeled vehicles" as long as they are not used for commercial purposes. He stated further that attaching pictures of "the pair" would be quite sufficient in lieu "personal viewing".
We continued the conversation about the fact that many homeowners park their boats, fifths and motorhomes throughout the city neighourhoods, to which he retorted "no problem with your RV, no problem whatsoever, it's just the truck, just fill the form and submit it".
I further informed him that I get along with all my neighbors and that they were all very pleased to see me "finally arrived". I wondered further about the mental acuity of the complainer, his or hers grasp of the real world and the fact that they apparently have no life, no hobbies, most likely no friends, so being a PITA is they justification for existence.
To which the officer responded that "he was just doing his job" and had to respond since the PITA person actually complained (anonymously) twice within couple of days. The second time when I moved Kechup to back in the Penske truck.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Hahahaha, good one Henry. I was wondering how you could get away with parking it there too. I guess you're community doesn't prohibit rv's? That's lucky. Seems a lot of these "home owner's associations" have all sorts of rules for that sort of thing. Funny your neighborhood only bans "commercial" and 6 or more tires. What about "Acme Plumbing?" Can they park their work van in the driveway there? That's pretty commercial I'd say.
MN is home for now.
Bob86ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Thor Owners Club
HOAs = Homelife Obstruction Association
2014 Voltage 3200
06 Ram 3500 DRW
2005 FLHTCI You Can't Fix STUPID
eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
No HOA where I bought the house, I know with my personality and "hobbies" I would fit in a gated community (with HOA) like a skunk at Hamptons.
This is a city wide ordnance, primarily because most of the properties are on quarter acre lots and there are tons and tons of pretty tightly packed developments.
The rules they have are actually pretty good, trying to keep the city respectable and looking good, I have seen parts of Florida that haven't seen a garbage truck in a while and could use some minimal rules. DW and I have been part of the city government so we know that the "Town Fathers" put their pants the same way, the only time there is an issue is when someone gets their britches twisted and you have to "help them" to un-twist them.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Well my goodness if it isn't Henry from HDT Escapees. Noticed you AWOL over there and suffice it to say, am glad you found another roost.

Your contributions over there, if even partially paralleled on here, will prove of immense value to these fine folk.

I don't get on any of the RV'ing boards as much now as the rig has been history since we bought a home in Florida to winter in back in early '10'. My International 4400 with the Harley barn behind the cab is still out there performing admirably for it's new owner and the trailer is now a rolling invertor palace for Desolation Roe who cannot use it as he's now managing for an oil company in Qatar.

It is indeed a winding road we all sometimes follow is it not?

Best wishes to yourself and Davena and enjoy your upcoming rally.
2004 International 4400LoPro DT530E 310Hp/950FtLbs ExtCab Harley Doghouse RV Hauler
2005 Mobile Suites 38RL3
bstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
I've been following a thread on the other board discussing the difficulties in registering their HDT's as motor homes in Florida, the 5'th wheel hitch being the "forbidden" item on a conversion. I wondered if you ran into any issues since you're now a resident of the Sunshine State? Just curious...
HD_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
I follow "the other forum", just don't post there. Might re-asses after the Rally, although I'm not much into kissing behinds.
Truck and trailer belong to another "entity" in another state so it's not a pressing problem.
I might have to address it eventually. In the meantime have become friendly with a DMV employee, she is very competent and pleasant, a total opposite of the stereotype, so we might mutually "explore" the "future" of the truck.