Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > HDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Combined or separate, as Jim stated, "We all have something to share." We can kick start this forum by posting pictures of our MDTs, HDTs, and rigs, and adding links of interest.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 AM   #30
Administrator Emeritus

Folks, we are in the process of separating the HDT and MDT forum topics...
In our haste to provide the service for both HDT and MDT we threw them up together, but we'll get it done here in the next day or so...

Please keep up the good work...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #31

Thanks Bob, it's a good addition to the site and I think everyone will enjoy the information.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #32

Thanks

Thanks Dwayne
Dwayne & Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #33
Administrator Emeritus

Forums are separated and someone's got another member title!

Guess you'll have to put that "first Newmar fiver" verbage in your signature as all of it wouldn't fit!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #34

Bob
I will try to add my two cents now and then and keep things moving. It seems I have been able to accumulate a few posts in the past on the topic.

David
Old 08-30-2007, 05:41 AM   #35

A note to Toterman Dave: Unasked for advise is almost always worth very little but I'll give you my two cents from over 10 years of hauling race cars. I noticed your Smart car is tied down with tire straps. You may know this already but as you put 20,000 miles on the Vovlo so are you putting 20,000 miles on the suspension of the Smart. I learned this the hard when some very expensive shocks wore out only after a afew passes down the dragstrip but many many over the road miles. Once we began attaching and cinchin down the frame with the tie downs, longevity improved immensely.

On another note...Are you happy with the Smart? I put down my $99 but after learning they aren't bringing the Deisel here am considering pulling it. It would be my urban daily driver.

Tony

www.toolsetmotorhomes.com

ToolSet Motorhomes
anthony desnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #36

Tony
Thanks for the word of advice on the Smart. I don't know if its the air ride of the truck or what but I watch the Smart a lot and it does't seem to move at all back there. Probably will need to keep and eye on the suspension.

The Smart is a Great little run around and I am very pleased with it. You need to use it within the confines of its design and you will have a great experience.

If you do deside to give up your spot, let me know,maybe I can get hold of it somehow. I am thinking of purchasing a new Smart for several reasons. One is to have a unit I can design a bed for at my location.

David