Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > HDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1

Where is Kechup?

Kechup is in Florida earning its keep.

Ah, to be able do things "year round"!

hjs
hjsdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #2

Hey Henry! Found ya! Looks good.
billrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #3

Where is Ketchup....did I miss something...?
Looks like someplace nice & warm.

Rick (AKA PSD_Tweaker)
LeverLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #4

At least Ketchup is warm...better than being in Quebec
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

Nice to see a craftsman at work.........

Hi Henry,

Sorry we won't get to visit at the ECR next week, but it's great that you're closing on your new place. I'm sure that we'll visit in person again, and I hope sooner than later. After all TN is closer to FL than NH.

Keep smiling when the humidity hits 99.9% and the temperature 102*.....but it beats the opposite.

Rus
RussBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #6

Hey Henry

Nice to have you back in the cyber world, try and be nice here.
RickAndAlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #7

Should be getting the keys to this place Wednesday (hence my absence at the ECR)

Kechup and the fifth can go on the side lawn backed to the palms next to the pool.
Will have to loose the small palm in the front, enlarge the culvert and pave it.

Yes sir, it isn't now but it will be heated.

Three shops are already building and welding ET parts, life is good.
I am so glad to see all of you "junior members" again.

hjs
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #8

Nice place man! You gonna have some extra sites set up for all your good friends???
billrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Wow Henry, and Davena! Very nice. Might you be able to make a couple of extra pads with hookups for visitors? Are you keeping the Northern place or cutting all ties there?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #10

Actually both, we'll keep it for a while (rented) but we are moving permanently to Port St. Lucie (as is my "other activity" as evidenced by the pictures above).
All our kids and granddaughters are up north so we need a "toe hold", but no more butt freezing winters.
Planning on a pad for ourselves and visitors, might be tight with the lot size, but there is also a very nice campground New PSL Home1
where we are staying now, only 4 miles away from our new digs.
Permanent move will happen probably by the end of summer.
Kechup already benefited from my "warmth inspired" activity. Started interesting Kechup project on the drom interior, will post it for your guys in few days.
Glad you guys "found me".

hjs
Old 04-07-2013, 08:28 PM   #11

HDT registration in FL?

Henry,

I've read on the other board about the difficulties that some have had titling their HDT's in FL. "They say" that the state doesn't recognize converting an HDT to a RV and title it that way. Have you checked yet?
If a person with a legal RV titled HDT in another state moved into FL could it just be retitled the same? That would open my interest in having FL as my home state along with TX and SD.

Don't know if you heard that JW lost his grandfather and the burial is tomorrow. He had already lost his father and from his F/B posts they were very dear to him (like most of our parents/grandparents are). I doubt we'll see him at the ECR tomorrow, but it had been on his radar screen.

My wife and I lived in Cocoa for about 3 years in an earlier phase of my career and there are lots of good things about the state. Enjoy!

Russ
Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #12

aha, there he is!

Have to keep up on Ketchup's whereabouts somehow! (might actually hit the lottery one of these days... & be able to afford my HDT!)
NedBinCNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #13

Russ, haven't explored the HDT/Motorhome registration in Florida yet (other tasks more pressing). I'll ask Jeff about it I thought his is registered here. You could do me a favor and post the question on "the other forum", I still check it.
We are quite familiar with Port St. Lucie area since we stayed winters here for many years, once the decision was made I went on a deeper search for things to do, culture, history, entertainment, businesses, machine shops, welding shops, steel suppliers and fabricators, industrial hardware and suppliers, trucking depots, UPS depot, FedEx depot, Fastenal, Harbor Freight store, etc., etc. Found all of it within 10-15 miles radius. I was joking with the "natives" that I should start consulting business on "how to transition into the area".

hjs
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #14

Henry,

No problem, you probably have seen that I posted it.

I saw your fine work on Jeff's rig today. I like the way you did the fenders, among other nice touches. What brand of bed liner is that and was it done at your place, or subbed out? I know Line X has a new tougher product with Kevlar in it that interests me, but needs to be taken to a dealer.

The ECR was fun today. Randy (The Professor) had a lot of good electrical tips and it is interesting how he built his composite bed. There were about 20 at the DIY roundtable and your name was mentioned often - no not in vein. Carl does a great job pulling this together and I know it takes a lot of work to do and event like this.

Have a great week, Russ