Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRUCK CONVERSIONS, MDT's & HDT's FORUMS > HDT Conversions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #71

Battery suggesions

Getting ready to decide on my batteries. Have a "cost" source for Interstate but no one that can suggest the best for my application. Want to be able to travel two days without recharge and keep the fridge cold. Hopefully won't be needing it. Part number suggestions appreciated.

Rod
lappir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2013, 04:05 AM   #72

The frame rolled out of the frame shop this week and over to the main building. Have an apparent spy on site who is sending me some photos. (Thanks Bruce) Tanks are being put in and the side walls are being prepped for the lamination process. I will be there in about two weeks and will be able to post some photos then.

Rod
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #73

https://plus.google.com/photos/10135...KGjpprH6t2w_gE

Latest photos added to the end of this link.

Rod
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #74

Build photo link.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10135...CKnBzZm1rdbtKg

Here is the latest installment of photos from Concordia. The newest ones at the end. Last I heard 10/31/13 was planned completion date. I won't be able to get there until 11/8 to see it in person.

Rod
Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #75

Holy smokes! No wonder they don't worry about anyone seeing them build a trailer! I bet they sell a lot because people see how they are built? Only one slide?
Out of curiosity, how much does a trailer like yours go for? I have a number in my head, and it's more than we paid for our first house! You can PM me, I'm just curious.
Baron
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #76

Excel Owners Club
Rod,
Wow! Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product. I haven't followed the info on this but by the looks of it this is a commercial type frame with 22.5 wheels and tires? I am just finishing spec'ing out a new 2014 Volvo VNL42T730 single rear axle truck with every option I could think of. This looks like the kind of RV specifically for a HDT?
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #77

Got the final invoice.

Came yesterday with some additional photos. Will post a link to them later today. Completion date now Nov. 5th. I won't be able to get there until Nov. 7 If all goes as planned will move it to Iowa on or around the 9th, live in it for a few weeks with just the minimal move in before heading to Florida and getting everything in it's places while there over the winter months.

Rod
Old 11-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappir View Post
Came yesterday with some additional photos. Will post a link to them later today. Completion date now Nov. 5th. I won't be able to get there until Nov. 7 If all goes as planned will move it to Iowa on or around the 9th, live in it for a few weeks with just the minimal move in before heading to Florida and getting everything in it's places while there over the winter months.

Rod
https://plus.google.com/photos/10135...CKnBzZm1rdbtKg

Photo link added. Newest ones should be at the end.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #79

Wow, that's nice! Why such a big garage?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #80

Why not such a big garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Wow, that's nice! Why such a big garage?
It only looks big in the photos, and when empty.

Really wanted a larger stacker garage, but not when I found out how much extra the cost would be and a few other cons. I had a 12 foot garage in my first Toyhauler and I put a 14 ft. van box on my truck. My car "just fit" into the 14 foot space so I went just a little larger 15' 6". The car should have plenty of room. Will make tying it down so much easier, with less claustrophobic induced distraction difficulties. After using it I am sure I will put additional storage and plan to put in a wash tub utility sink. I also store my motorcycle in the trailer garage when not riding. This size garage will allow for better movement around the bike and it's associated accessories. My only entry door is through the garage.

Rod
Old 11-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #81

Looking at the floor plan, I see that there are no other entry doors! Did that maximize living space?
I remember doing the chalk thing (in the street though) with my dad in 1970, too! Our house turned out great because of it, so I'm sure your trailer will too!
Can't wait to see the finished trailer.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #82

Hay Rod, could you put some access doors on each side near the front wheels in the garage? That would make it pretty easy to tie it down, wouldn't it? I've never seen it done but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done. I see a lot of race car trailers where they put a bail out door on the left side in line with the driver's door of the car. Makes it great for getting in/out of the car. Jay put a side door in his garage for getting out of the Focus. I'm just thinking like cargo bay type doors, one next to each front wheel.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #83

Thanks Bob,

I had thought about that with the truck garage, but with the size of the trailer garage and my current car I won't have any trouble tying it down. Will have a couple feet at the front and of course with the doors open, plenty of room at the back. My Isuzu sits high off the ground so it won't be bad. If I ever decide to go with a sport's car or something very low I may have to consider something else. My mind shows me lots of room, we will see what the eye's see once i am able to load for the first time.

Rod
Old 11-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #84

Hitch weight is 5,800 lbs. Total weight of 24,200, 18,400 on the axles.

Got the above information today. Happy with the numbers. had been concerned that I would have a higher pin weight. These are empty weight numbers. Know I will be putting 4000 in the garage right away. Not sure how much stuff I will move before heading to Florida. Will wait and see what I "Have to have" or what I think I need. The plan now is to go pick it up this week either Thursday or Friday. Will post photos once I have some of my own.

Rod