Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #15

abarkl,
That is the only language they will understand, taking our money elsewhere is our best defense. If they were worth anything on trade mine would be gone in a heartbeat.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarkl View Post
Three days have gone by and I still haven't heard back from the service manager. Perhaps this headache will disappear and I can use the insurance money along with some savings and finally get my Cummins on a Freightliner chassis with real brakes!
abarkl, That's too bad when you do your best and it goes for naught. I do know one thing, once the campaign is completed on your vehicle, (regarding) "the new owner" there's an excellent chance that this won't ever happen again and he'll never have another brake problem.

If it does after all the effort that went into this campaign, then I would say look at pilot error more seriously. In my opinion, I can't see where you blow the same rotors twice in 3 years.

Regarding FCCC brakes, if you're looking at a FRED, it will have the same brakes you have now. Regarding an RDP, I would put my brakes up against anyone in a skid pad test. My brakes stop my rig practically on a dime. That said UFO brakes will exceed the performance of an equivalently weighed any thing else. Period.

Our Workhorse brakes are excellent in stopping and once the campaign is completed, this angst will all be behind us. Good luck!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #17

I had a recall brake campaign completed on my '01 Workhorse chassis W22 back in '05. When will it ever end.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I had a recall brake campaign completed on my '01 Workhorse chassis W22 back in '05. When will it ever end.
abarkl, That campaign was released by Bosch. They had to change the caliper pins because they were binding. This was not the fault of Workhorse. Campaign number: 50401-C (I believe.)

Some owners out there still need to have this campaign completed BTW. A lot of folks just throw the campaign letters in the garbage.

If the vehicle is resold I understand the dealer has to accomplish and clear the campaign.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #19

I know, Workhorse is never at fault.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I know, Workhorse is never at fault.
One thing I am going to take a stab at - I don't believe it was your fault however I don't know everything about the history and what happened in the time between the rotor failures.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #21

Nothing but regular maintenance and miles of road.